Deutsche Bank - Enlightening and frustrating | Glassdoor

"Enlightening and frustrating"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President - Technology in Cary, NC
Current Employee - Assistant Vice President - Technology in Cary, NC

I have been working at Deutsche Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This organization is dedicated to leveraging superior technical talent to build next-generation applications for the bank. They are willing to take the time to make the right design decisions and take the longer view of building applications across silos to decrease long-term costs.

Cons

Navigating the bureaucracy to get anything done, especially as it relates to even the simplest modifications to production systems is very painful. Organizational politics and power grabs are a bit ruthless for my taste.

Advice to Management

Watch the empire builders and work at streamlining the production deployment process. There are a lot of great technologies being used, but not often a clear path as to how to use them in your environment. Wikis exist, but they are too spread out to be of much use. This needs to be integrated into the company's internal social networking tool.

Other Employee Reviews for Deutsche Bank

1. "Good place to learn the investment banking industry, bad place for a career."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Deutsche Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Deutsche Bank allowed me to get a good start in finance after my MBA program. I really liked my peers and thought the culture was a bit more laid back than some of the competing investment banks.

Cons

Senior bankers care very little about subordinate's time and are often focused only on their own career progression. As with all investement banks, the work life balance is downright horrible.

2. "DBAB - Branch Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Deutsche Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of "free" lunches. The people are great.

Cons

It's like groundhog day in that place. There's no potential for change. There's no concern for improvement or cost savings, other than firing associates. Each branch is completely out of touch with the BSO (NY Office)

Advice to Management

Instill a culture of process improvement! You guys are in the dark ages and you're providing no development opportunity for employees.