Deutsche Bank - I would have been better off on unemployment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deutsche Bank

"I would have been better off on unemployment"

Current Employee - PWM Lending in New York, NY
Current Employee - PWM Lending in New York, NY

I have been working at Deutsche Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None, unless you thrive in a cut-throat environment or you want to sleep your way to the top

Cons

True expertise, knowledge, and business acumen are not appreciated in an environment where everyone is sleeping with each other to get ahead. If that's not a game you want to play, don't bother to apply!

Advice to Management

Attend the same "diversity" workshops non-managers are required to attend, and recognize your behavior is inappropriate!

Other Employee Reviews for Deutsche Bank

1. "Sales Support - Asset Management, limited opportunity for growth, ineffective departmental management"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Deutsche Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance, rarely worked late or from home, opportunities to interact with senior investment professionals

Cons

Fear-based culture, peers are afraid to point out errors or recommend process improvements, hard work is not rewarded, environment is too casual for those with a drive to succeed, co-workers strove to do as little work as possible and take short-cuts which was what our manager wanted as well. Lack of communication and apathy led to many errors. Not rewarding career-wise.

Advice to Management

My manager was afraid of his manager, there was little opportunity to change ineffective policies or suggest changes. I think subordinates should be allowed to blindly review their manager and peers.

"Unpleasant and not a trustworthy Company"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Deutsche Bank full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People for the most part were friendly and nice

Cons

Management is all old school and cannot be trusted. They need a major reorg.

Advice to Management

Start caring about the people, by providing support which does not exist at this firm. The large turnover rate at this firm is so alrming and management does not care, but to keep the bottom line low. You also do not pay competively for the industry.