Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health - Program Manager | Glassdoor

"Program Manager"

I have been working at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health (More than a year)

Pros

Large company - lots of opportunities - they say they will provide supervision and advancement opportunities

Cons

Crazy hours and expectations - little personal life - not allowed to turn phone off on vacation - only if using FMLA

Advice to Management

management doesn't follow through with providing advancement opportunities providing clinical supervision as promised upon hire

Other Employee Reviews for Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health

"Not a great place for treatment more of a holding cell!"

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional I in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Direct Support Professional I in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free meal each shift, 8 sick days and insurance. And the few kids lives you touched.

Cons

Why would you talk a client into using their gift card to buy their needs to buy 2 staff subway meals? Mistreatment, non therapeutic, this is not a jail go back to work in one. Staff is stressed due to supervisors actions, left alone with clients that get dangerous. Assistance taking way too long. Favoritism among staff and to clients, staff talking down to staff in front of clients. I thought this was TREATMENT, the school way out of control the kids are in charge. Clients getting mixed signals from staff who even make jokes with them, give them treats after they just hurt and hit another staff person! Be ready to be tired, ask to work doubles all the time, cannot enjoy your day off due to stress. NO HOLIDAY PAY and you have to work all the holiday's if full time. Those who cared for the kids look out I did and my few who reached back for me I feel made a connection, but some coworkers want you to act like a warden instead. A few clients do not belong here. Some clients have it out for you will make written grievances against you just to get you fired to get even and at times it works. I left to help other kids who really wanted help and a staff who supports staff.

Advice to Management

Check your hiring practices are they balanced? Are they rational fair? Better keep better eye on your DSP2. coworkers told me clients are being beat up. Make better work week, 6 days in row too much with this line of work over time and double cause burn out. Many working there is for the money not the kids. but your upper management its all about their paper work

"after many years I feel that staff is replaceable and not appreciated."

Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in Malvern, PA

I worked at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

the teachers and T A's are mostly good, compassionate people.

Cons

Certified teachers quit and are not replaced. There are no clinicians, social worker, speech teacher. Name of the game is to keep bringing in new students, but conditions are poor and pay is awful. Seems like all the money is at the top and lower employees never see raises. Staff is not appreciated nor are they protected from aggressive children. Physical plant is in poor condition .

Advice to Management

They need to get in the trenches with the real workers to see how stressful a day at Devereux really is.