Dex Media - Marketing Specialists | Glassdoor

"Marketing Specialists"

Current Employee - Marketing Sales in Portland, ME
Current Employee - Marketing Sales in Portland, ME

I have been working at Dex Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits if your in a union

Cons

Never a positive thing said to you. It is a constant barrage of negativety no matter how good you are.

Advice to Management

Give credit where credit is due.

Other Employee Reviews for Dex Media

"Outside Media Consultant"

Current Employee - Premise Media Consultant in Warwick, RI
    Current Employee - Premise Media Consultant in Warwick, RI

I have been working at Dex Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good income and great benefits-- that's about it.

Cons

Horribly mismanaged company. Advertising products are either becoming obsolete or they seriously underperform.

Advice to Management

Treat your reps better. If a company loses 10 to 20 percent in revenue every year then the problem might be management or they're offered products and services. Its not the Reps' ability to sell that's in question but more the performance of the products and competitive marketplace. Management is stuck in the old phonebook days when they were the top dogs. Time for a reality check.

"Worst experience for a career"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Virginia (South Africa)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Virginia (South Africa)

I worked at Dex Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Benefits, and the pay is great! You get to work from home--which is nice in some Ways. You get flexibility.

Cons

Management is the make or break. I had people in my training class that didn't mind their manager and the manager was good to them. A majority of us in all different states ranging from Florida, Virginia to Missouri and New York had terrible experiences with negative micromanaging bosses who don't understand the first thing about selling in this day and age. My manager went on calls with me and couldn't close anything!! She was terrible and always talked down to everyone. I was treated so terrible, I cried all the time! This company is going downhill....it is not a good company to wrk for. I will never recommend someone to work here. You were also expected to work through the night!!! My manager would ask me to do things at 9pm.

Advice to Management

I wish you knew how to sell in today's world, not 20 years ago. It's not the same.

Dex Media Response

Aug 14, 2017 – Employee

We hate to hear of the negative experiences outlined surrounding your employment, and wish we had the opportunity to speak with you during your employment to discuss these concerns. Your feedback is... More