Dex Media - Just a hard place to work! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dex Media

"Just a hard place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Phila, PA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Phila, PA

I have been working at Dex Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was great if you were a top performer and I was. Going on trips and making nice bonuses. Some really talented people have come in and out! I did have a good manager, who worked hard to offset the crazy culture within the office.

Cons

When this Dex was Super Media, it was a crazy awful place to work. Not 1, Not 1 of my 30 plus training class still works there. Most of the "office managers" could not sell life to a dying man, and God knows how they got in there positions. I worked 12 hour days routinely. 30% of my time was actually selling while 70% was computer work and scheduling. Just crazy.

Advice to Management

Stop planting fake good reviews on these sites. I'm not buying most of these. Try hard to keep good people. Find away to let them sell! Change the culture! Realize that you it's not just about the dying print product, it's about a dying morale that if changes could revitalize some of your print dollars. Realize that the failures of your sales teams to meet goals are just as much your failures!

Dex Media Response

Sep 2, 2014 – Reputation Management Coordinator

Hi, we apologize for the delayed response to your review. Be assured that employee morale is of the greatest importance. All employees here at Dex Media should feel that they have the support and... More

Other Employee Reviews for Dex Media

"Dex Media-Media Consultant"

Current Employee - Media Consultant in Piscataway, NJ
    Current Employee - Media Consultant in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at Dex Media full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Un-capped commissions, decent amount of sales tools, opportunity to win incentive trips

Cons

Inside reps should be able to visit clients at times. Flex time is not really encouraged. Rare incoming leads are never shared with our particular office.

Advice to Management

Change the outside sales position. A lot of your inside reps can spend time generating new leads and then have to send out an outside sales rep to split the sale. The inside rep could just as well go out and sell that client. If a client is hard to get a hold of or wants to cancel, the rep could drop by and a face to face interaction may change that client's mind. Instead of kicking everyone out of the office or out of their homes, let reps do what makes them successful, and then maybe some of your top performers would want to venture out to outside sales if the position was set up for success.

"Dex Media"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Dex Media full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the pros of working for Dex Media are it is a reputable company which gives you the opportunity to get in front of potential clients easier than a no name company. Good benefits and they are always searching for ways to succeed in the market. There is so much opportunity to have a great career at this place.

Cons

Not necessarily a con ....You need to be the type of person that is self disciplined and driven to succeed.