DialAmerica - Great Management | Glassdoor

"Great Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at DialAmerica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best managers I've ever encountered. Great people. Family atmosphere.

Cons

My position did not have the growth opportunity I was looking for.

Advice to Management

I reported and worked with some great individuals who turned into wonderful mentors. Thank you!

Other Employee Reviews for DialAmerica

"Where the extraordinarily unemployable are ordinary"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

I have been working at DialAmerica full-time

Pros

They will literally hire anyone and are always hiring, so it is a starting place that looks good on a resume to most companies

Cons

1) Fast food employees make as much or more

2) Due to no hiring standards whatsoever, many of the employees could easily appear on certain trashy daytime talk shows

3) most of the management members lack basic knowledge about what they are in charge of along with any sort of work ethic and are basically just along for the ride

4) promotions are determined based upon who is buddies with the people in power

5) there is an incredibly annoying and ridiculous business lingo of phrases and words that are constantly used that must have come from some sort of self help workshop

6) A job with actual standards run by people who know what they are doing and have a decent work ethic does not need to constantly hire new employees - DA is ALWAYS hiring for a reason.

Advice to Management

Spend less time pretending to be rock stars half your age at local dive bars and spend more time understanding the problems that dominate every aspect of your business. Almost no one at any level of authority understands basic sales, customer service, program knowledge, or how to manage employees. Simply creating new positions in management out of thin air with clueless people who were mediocre at lower level positions to address the problems only makes things worse.

DialAmerica Response

Apr 2, 2013 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide the above feedback. I am sorry to hear that you feel that way about DialAmerica and your time with us.

"Great Part time Job in Orlando"

Current Employee - Telephone Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Telephone Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at DialAmerica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are looking for a good part time job DialAmerica is the place. The earning potential is solid. You will not earn tons of money but a decent amount for pt time emplyment can be earned if you work for it. The work is not hard - you talk to people all day trying to sell SiriusXM radio, that they already had prior or is just experiencing. The staff is friendly from the top down and they want you to succeed.

Cons

The negativity from customers can be draining at times but that comes with phone sales. You surround yourself with positive motivated people which helps.

Advice to Management

I really have none. I have had a great experience since working with the company. I feel like part of the family that was described in training.