DialAmerica - DialAmerica gave me a opportunity and has recognized and rewarded my hard work and potential. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DialAmerica

"DialAmerica gave me a opportunity and has recognized and rewarded my hard work and potential."

I have been working at DialAmerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DialAmerica gave me an opportunity when I was having difficulty finding a job due to being overqualified. They recognized my potential and I have been promoted multiple times in the short time I've been with the company. It's a company that rewards hard work and dedication to the job.

The fun atmosphere on the sales floor was always enjoyable and kept me motivated to get sales when I was an entry level agent.

DialAmerica provides flexible schedules which is great for people with work, family, or school commitments.

The company is very reputable in terms of integrity and quality in the telemarketing industry. It's a company you can feel good about working for and proud of what you do.

The initial training provided helped me be a successful salesperson in an industry where I had no previous experience. As a manager, I have received excellent development from my managers which has allowed me to continue to move forward.

DialAmerica has good benefits, including quite a bit of paid time off, for full-time employees. Part-time employees are eligible for 401K with some company match after 1 year.

Cons

When I first became a part-time manager, I actually made less than I did as a salesperson. Management salaries are lower than industry average.

DialAmerica does not give references or verify employment history. Inquiries are routed to an employment verification company.

Direct deposit is not available for part-time employees.

Advice to Management

Allow management to give references for their employees.

The dress code could be revised for a call center. Allowing tattoos, earrings for men, and one or two reasonable facial piercings would be more in keeping with the times. Management should be coached on having a discussion about skirt length as that is not regularly addressed.

Other Employee Reviews for DialAmerica

"For a college student trying to make it through college"

Pros

Have an opportunity to improve sale skills and speaking to people.

Cons

No real challenge. Boring and repetitive after a while.

"DialAmerica is not the company they portray themselves to be on their website"

Former Employee - Recruiting Manager
    Former Employee - Recruiting Manager

I worked at DialAmerica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the mid-management employees and agents were hard-working, decent people. Part-time schedule worked well for some people. Easy to get hired.

Cons

Upper management was VERY unprofessional, didn't lead by example, had unrealistic expectations of mid-management and constantly belittled the agents and floor managers. Hiring goals were unattainable and attrition was 300+%. Mid-management was instructed to lie to new hires about salary, schedules, benefits and working conditions.

Advice to Management

Lead by positive example, don't talk down to employees (both agents and mid-management), don't talk badly about employees (no one responds well to negative comments made behind their backs). Adhere to employment laws. Be honest in the representation of the company to potential new hires. Drug test employees. Treat everyone fairly and with respect.