Cover image for Diamond Mills

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The Owner micromanages the industry professionals he has on staff

Jul 26, 2020 - Server, Bartender in Saugerties, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Megan, Mary and chef Marco and chef Keri are awesome !

Cons

Tom the owner doesn’t really let his hospitality professionals that he hired make any decisions he micromanages them to the point where it’s affecting the restaurant. To not hold back reservations and sit the entire restaurant at once is ridiculous because ultimately it leads to very bad service in the end. Also having us wear dress shirts dress pants and bistro aprons in 100° weather isn’t safe. Not having any bug repellent in the patio where I was stung and had a mild reaction isn’t ok either. So For someone who used to work at a horse farm and owning a restaurant who has no idea about owning a restaurant maybe you should actually listen to the people he pays on his staff. Because the staff at Diamond Mills is running thin because TOM Saugerties is a small town! Soon no one will be willing to work there.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great experience

May 22, 2023 - Event Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great management Teamwork Professionalism Respect Kindness

Cons

Experienced a turnover of employees

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to work if you love kitchen drama

Apr 1, 2023 - Tavern Server in Saugerties, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Owner of the restaurant shows up to work once every 5 weeks (usually wearing a neon green bike tard) and yells at his entire staff for about 25 minutes and then leaves. The first time this happened I didn’t know who he was because he never introduced himself and I thought I was being accosted by a random cyclist. It was so funny. A lot of the staff was new and didn’t know who he was.

Cons

Fast turnover of management and wait staff. I had 3 different managers quite within 3 months of working there. Business is reliant on traveling horse shows in the summer season only, and most locals despise the restaurant.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Diamond Mills.

Get Community Insights About Diamond Mills

Candid workplace conversations with real professionals.

Job Referrals!
167K

Job Referrals!

Best way to get your foot in the door with your favorite company! Plus employees won’t mind getting that referral money!

Interview Tips
163.3K

Interview Tips

Salary Negotiations
171.5K

Salary Negotiations

A community to ask questions and seek advice on negotiating your salary, compensation, etc.