Diamond Parking - The work is very easy but this is the ultimate dead end job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Diamond Parking

"The work is very easy but this is the ultimate dead end job."

Current Employee - Parking Attendaant in Long Beach, CA
Current Employee - Parking Attendaant in Long Beach, CA

Pros

This job is very easy. You either sit in a booth all day long and collect money or you walk around giving out parking tickets. I am a student and the job is very flexible with my schedule and I am often able to study for class when I work at the booth. The wage is also above minimum wage.

Cons

There is NO possibility for advancement. There are about 20 employees at our location. We are managed by two different bosses. One is the regional manager and the other is the manager for our location. Both of these managers were hired from the outside. Several of the employees have been working the same position for 10 years. There are never any promotions, or raises (unless it is an companywide raise to stay competitive). It's a super easy job but you will never get anywhere with it.

Advice to Management

This company needs to update it's collection machines. Customers often have to put money into these archaic boxes that are outdated.

Other Employee Reviews for Diamond Parking

1. "Overall a very easy job. Great introduction to customer service"

Current Employee - Valet in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Valet in Seattle, WA

Pros

Diamond parking is a great entry level job. It is especially satisfying if you like cars and working with people. Great college job.

Cons

There is not very much opportunity to move up in the company. You must have and maintain a relatively flawless driving record to be employed. Regular drug screening.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if there was more interaction with the managers. More frequent employee evaluations would be great as well.

2. "This is the Worse place I have ever worked in my life!"

Current Employee - Valet in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Valet in Tacoma, WA

Pros

They pay you on time, They are real good about denying any wrong doing.

Cons

Never fair treatment, never raises, their HR treats you like you are stupid when you complain. They are a business that treats their employees like garbage unless you put up with their abuse. This business is not about people, but about profit. You are nobody to them.

Advice to Management

I would screen your managers a bit more careful. These guys are getting away with abusing the worker's and lying to cover their own tracks when someone complains. This company is not what I had once believed it was. It is pure torture to work for.