Diamond Wireless - Really good. Educational | Glassdoor

"Really good. Educational"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot about sales. There I learned how to lead and train. I learned more at Diamond then any other job I ever had. Promoting comes from within and a great company to grow with.

Cons

Long Long hours. Pay needs to be better for store managers, at least in the Las Vegas market

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. I will take everything I have learned there and apply it to the rest of my life!

Other Employee Reviews for Diamond Wireless

1. "Goodbye positive emotions, hello stress and overwhelming fear of termination"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Commission structure could make you a lot of money if you're good at what you do
    Plenty of hours
    Helping customers solve their problems with their plan or devices

Cons

From the location that I worked for I was hired on the spot for they were understaffed, at first the environment looked promising, and everyone seemed nice. And then I learned the reason why they were always so understaffed, the long hours, sometimes even past 40 hours and ridiculous quota that you have to achieve by the end of the month. 2 Employees quit during my time spent there do to being treated unfairly and having a more than personal boss, who always shoved his way into his employees personal life, severing that balance between being a manager and a friend, and took life out of work into the work place to create a rather uncomfortable environment. They also do not pay you for your mileage to go to monthly meetings, but only hourly pay (which is only minimum wage), people have traveled almost 50 to 60 miles to go to meetings and being paid for 2 hours of time doesn't even fill the gas tank for some cars!

Advice to Management

Change your pay structure, as well as provide flexible hours for your employees, change compensation and legitimately train managers on how to balance personal interactions with employees and work interactions. Because following an employee on instagram, twitter, etc. and then bringing it up and using it in the workplace when it is no one else's business crosses the line.

"A decent company that still expanding and experiencing growing pains"

Former Employee - Area Manager in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Area Manager in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Diamond Wireless is much less corporate feeling than other Indirect retailers. The pay is decent and doesn't require any college to get started. Flexible schedule. Get to represent Verizon Wireless, the best cell phone company in the US. Area Managers get company credit card for gas, car allowance, and other expenses. Good employer while you are attending college for something better.

Cons

Lots of poor management and below par office staff. Most of the upper management and leadership have little to no real training and are only in their positions because they were good Sales Reps in the "glory days" of selling cell phones or they knew the right people at the right time. Commissions have been cut and Diamond has been bought by Glentel (North Americas largest Indirect Retailer company).

Advice to Management

Training. Diamond tries hard to be large and corporate but still makes many rookie mistakes common to smaller companies. I know of no other company that won't pay employees for trainings, meetings and employee developement. Slow down growth and stabalize and take care of your employees.