Diane's Beachwear - I wish I had more nice things to say! Thankful to depart Diane's beachwear. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Diane's Beachwear

"I wish I had more nice things to say! Thankful to depart Diane's beachwear."

I worked at Diane's Beachwear full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The product is great and the wages are competitive. The core principals are good but the delivery needs work.

Cons

You would think selling beachwear would be a fun environment but this is far from a picnic at the beach. Upper management is demoralizing and works on fear tactics alone. Employees are in fear of losing their jobs weekly based on unrealistic expectations. My experience at Diane's is that most employees don't last over a year.When I was hired they were regrouping from a walk out. If you are considering management or working here know that when things go wrong it's not because you are not a good sales person, experienced or lack of efforts this is a hard work environment and will wear any great employee down. I can't think of one long term employee company wide working in the stores. It truly is a revolving door. The work place is fun until upper management blows in and out of town leaving all employees deflated and ready to quit. The hiring process is ridiculous and unorganized if you don't hear back from this company right away don't worry it's a 3 step process of dealing with higher ups with egos to break down before you can hire anyone with real talent. Expect to be understaffed and overworked.

Advice to Management

Diane you are a smart nice lady. My tidbit of advice is surround yourself with women who are motivating and have work experience on team building and strategies that actually make your employees want to work harder for you because they enjoy their job. Success starts at the top and rolls down hill. Get rid of old thinking patterns and try something new. This company is capable of taking it to the next level if you clean house and get rid of the anchors that are driving this company into the ground.

Other Employee Reviews for Diane's Beachwear

"Not What I Expected"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Diane's Beachwear full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You receive a 40% off discount and have the option to commission. You work fairly independently so you are pretty in control of making your own sales.

Cons

You may be under the impression that you will work full time as an assistant manager, but you really don't. I was told the minimum hours I would work would be 32 a week and that there was a chance it would be more if I had good sales. I've been working between 27 and 30. Management and corporate are super critical of your stats, even if you have one less than average day you are at risk of being fired! Management tries to intimidate you and insists you shove products down customers throats. It does not matter if your store is slow or constantly has low traffic, you are still expected to make their unrealistic expectations. Management is catty and likes to focus on your negative qualities as if they don't actually want to see you succeed.

Advice to Management

Please do not cut shifts so often and with such short notice! You need to learn how to empower your employees, not cut them down. Ultimately your poor training and morale will reflect poorly on you.

2. "Horrible abuse"

Former Employee - Manager in Long Ôc (Vietnam)
    Former Employee - Manager in Long Ôc (Vietnam)

I worked at Diane's Beachwear full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros of working here. Worst experience of my life. Never been treated that way before

Cons

I was fired after never given a shot to do my job. I worked full 10 hr days as only associate and no breaks. Then I was given a final notice for not taking breaks. You are not allowed to close the doors and you are only one there. ???? Does that make sense. Diane wants you to clock out and continue to work still.
    I was told I am a "glorified sales girl" even though I was hired for management and have been so for 15 plus years. She said horrible and rude things and then would call and say she appreciates me. She is crazy.

Advice to Management

Everyone who has stayed with her is because they are related. She has her young underage grandkids delivering the merchandise. Everyone is so shady. Trust no one and not a word they say. They want you to hire people and they have about a week to save her company and sell her disgusting dirty merchandise or they are fired. Please read this and take it seriuosly, I thought it would be different and it was just upset employees who wrote all these and I would be different but here I am writing the same things as every other review because it's true. Diane, you are a mess and need to give your company to someone who cares and can save it. Your horrible.