Diebold Nixdorf - Overall, a good place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Diebold Nixdorf

"Overall, a good place to work"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in North Canton, OH
Current Employee - Project Coordinator in North Canton, OH

Pros

First, it's a huge company -- within the many different departments and lines of business, it should be easy to find a good fit we're you're happy and fulfilled. Also, if you need to transfer somewhere else for personal reasons, there's likely a Diebold office already there.

Diebold does reward people for new ideas, and for doing a good job. Associates are encouraged to speak their minds. There is a lot of internal training available.

For me, I'm never bored which is a big deal -- most everyone I know within the company is working on several different projects and/or wears a couple of different hats.

Diebold is celebrating their 150th year in business this year -- stability is important.

Most of all, there are a lot of really great people who really care about the job they do and the customers they serve.

Cons

Pay isn't great and never has been -- it's not just a side effect of the economy. Recently had 401k matching reduced and had some benefit programs removed completely.

There's a lot of secrecy -- the higher ups don't share stuff with the rank and file until it's fait accompli.

Sometimes I think upper management is making decisions in a vacuum -- making really big, transforming changes in the way t company does business without taking into account the way the changes will affect our ability as a company to satisfy customers -- sometimes one change seems to conflict with another, suggesting that the different groups are not communicating with each other the way they should be.

Advice to Management

Get out of the Menlo thing. It's not a good idea to have an outside concern handling all of our inventory. If Menlo fails -- and based on what I've seen in the last six months, they will -- we're going to play hell trying to figure out what happened to everything.

Other Employee Reviews for Diebold Nixdorf

1. "old diebold employee."

Former Employee - Customer Service Engineer in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Engineer in Kansas City, MO

Pros

it is a company that really takes care of its employees.. i had a great time working for them and would not mind goin back.. when you need thing it is taking care of for you in a timely manner...

Cons

cant think of any thing at the time. i know there is though

Advice to Management

keep treating your employees good..

"Good place to work."

Current Employee - Electronic Systems Engineer in North Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Electronic Systems Engineer in North Canton, OH

Pros

Knowlelgeable and good co-workers. Good benefits.

Cons

None really. Not much upward movement.

Advice to Management

Look behind the scenes of goals being achieved. Less efficiency is occurring, which is ok if the numbers in the books are all you want to improve.