Diebold Nixdorf - It was a good company years ago | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Diebold Nixdorf

"It was a good company years ago"

Current Employee - Customer Service Engineer III in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Customer Service Engineer III in Washington, DC

I have been working at Diebold Nixdorf full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You may work with great people in the field.
Company vehicle.

Cons

Management worries about the P&L so their bonus will look good at the end of the year.
HR is a joke.
Parts ordered for installation are always wrong.
Have to re-engineer every job in front of the customer.
Too many lies from management.

Advice to Management

Stop lying and be honest with the employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Diebold Nixdorf

"Terrible Leadership"

Former Employee - Management in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Management in Austin, TX

I worked at Diebold Nixdorf full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dedicated employees, who work hard to deliver for their customers. Products are pretty advanced and have decent technology.

Cons

Where to start... US Leadership team has zero respect for their employees, and customers, for that matter. No consideration for employee work/life balance. They close sales deals with next to no margin to increase footprint, without thinking that down the road, supporting their new customers will require a big investment in support. They didn't make the investment of additional headcount/resources and their customers ended up suffering. The worst thing they did was basically ask me and other members of the management team to lie (I'm sure the US execs would not say we lied...merely withheld relevant information) to 2 of our biggest customers regarding known defects with the product. Then when it was apparent to the customers that this known issue was impacting their business/customers, they hung me out to dry in front of the customer and did nothing to intervene - just passed the buck to me as their scapegoat. Exec team lacks all scruples, character, and basic decency.

I would never again work for or recommend anyone work for this company. In fact, when I need to withdraw cash and walk up to an ATM, I won't use a Wincor machine - even if it means I have to get back in my car to drive to another ATM somewhere else in town.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Take control of the US business from decision made in HQ in Germany - the banking industry is very different in the US from Germany/EMEA. They don't understand US customers and won't invest to meet customer needs.

"If you must stay in North East Ohio"

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in North Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III in North Canton, OH

I have been working at Diebold Nixdorf full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Is a small company that dreams big. There are many projects that have potential and allow the developers to dream big.

Cons

Every day is a political battle. Months are spend waiting and debating over techniques and tool after which the market direction has changed and nothing is ever developed.