Digital Media Academy - Digital Media Academy is a great networking experience and presents many opportunities to learn. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Digital Media Academy

"Digital Media Academy is a great networking experience and presents many opportunities to learn."

Pros

Networking, Experience and just a fun time working at Digital Media Academy

Cons

There needs to be better communication between teachers and directors/corporate

Other Employee Reviews for Digital Media Academy

"A great camp that brings youth's love of art and science together."

Former Employee - Teaching Assistant in Stanford, CA
    Former Employee - Teaching Assistant in Stanford, CA

I worked at Digital Media Academy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DMA is a great environment in which you get to work with peers interested in combining creative media design with technical computing. You get to potentially meet a wide range of kids who are interested in applying Silicon Valley's technical knowledge with their own ambitions in photography, videogame design or other media outlets.

Cons

For some of the more "hot, new" programming classes, we often did not have a good curriculum planning for the week. As a result, there was a lot of times where we ended up having blocks of free time in which students who were more advanced had nothing to do. This didn't slow much down for us TAs, but I feel it may have detracted from their potential experience.

Advice to Management

I suggest finding a way to further divvy up the age ranges. Maybe not externally, but internally have the instructors plan for some of the classes. Teens between 12-17 have such a huge variance in capability.

"A great learning experience!"

Former Employee - Instructor in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Instructor in Cambridge, MA

Pros

As a young adult, there was no better way to learn a lot and make a lot of money! Our class sizes were good and the experience was incredibly rewarding. As a 20 year old, I made $1350 a week to teach! What an opportunity!

Cons

Sometimes you had to do your own IT, but you don't end up complaining because of the pay. I feel like they would rather just pay their teachers more and have them handle the IT.