DigitalGlobe - Review of employer DigitalGlobe | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DigitalGlobe

"Review of employer DigitalGlobe"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Pros

The company is financially very successful, so job security is great. Since they do some work essentially as a defense contractor, they do not outsource jobs, which is obviously another boon for job security. Some (but not all) of the groups use leading edge technologies, which makes the technical work more interesting and valuable on the resume.

Cons

I haven't seen much promotion from within, despite the huge list of open positions. There is also some disfunction between groups that should be working closely together, but prefer (for whatever reason) to work in their own silo.

Advice to Management

The company has done a good job of hiring capable people, we should extend the value of that hiring practice by doing a better job of promoting from within.

Other Employee Reviews for DigitalGlobe

1. "intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at DigitalGlobe as an intern

Pros

Great culture, flexible schedules, great work life balance

Cons

Takes people forever to respond back.

"Proceed with Caution!"

I worked at DigitalGlobe full-time

Pros

Great people, great mission, good benefits.

Cons

The company's commitment to it's employees is reprehensible. Many of their long term plans are short sighted and not thoroughly thought through. "Purpose Vision Values" is the company motto, but every time I hear that, I have to groan when I think of the skilled and valued employees who have been unceremoniously and undeservedly let go. "Ready, Fire, Aim" would be a much more appropriate motto, especially as it relates to new products being released, aquiring Geoeye, moving to the way too big and fancy building in Westminster. HR is also unaware or unconcerned as to what is going on within certain team/management structures. Increasingly, the primary concern has been numbers and the bottom line (which is always important in business), but unfortunately, quality and employee morale is suffering greatly. I have worked here since 2003 and these issues have always been present, but they get increasingly worse every year. Despite good benefits, salaries are out of line for the industry/region.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, especially those in the trenches and not just power hungry management who are only concerned with their own self serving agenda. The company is very top heavy with senior VPs that in many cases offer little to no value to the company.