DigitalOcean - Great place to work! | Glassdoor
  1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at DigitalOcean full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great benefits - Remote culture - Great product

Cons

- Turnover in the Finance team - Restructuring - Career progression

DigitalOcean2020-02-14
  1. "Strong team, lots of love, alignment on customer service and revenue growth"

Current Employee - Capacity Planner in New York, NY

I have been working at DigitalOcean full-time for less than a year

Pros

(Nota Bene to jobseekers: these pros are some of the ones a new mgmt team has also taken notice of, so I'd guess these will continue to differentiate DO for retention and recruitment) - strong remote work culture (for me, this means I get to rely on and learn from some very smart people who might not have been able to relocate) - DO Love: This is not (thankfully) corporate gobbledegook cult stuff. I genuinely feel supported by the wonderful people I work with, and that they truly care about my success. This motivates me to care about theirs', and DO's as a whole, rather than just feeling like I'm 'at a place' where a checklist of tasks become compensation. - Perks: The fitness credit, lunches, AMAZING office coordinators (Thank you B & H!), and easy-going WFH policies make DO a real pleasure to work at.

Cons

(Caveat to jobseekers: These downsides are *the* focus of the executive team, in order to ensure DO's continued success, and are being actively addressed) - it can be a little unclear how the nitty gritty and longterm of an IC contributes to the larger picture (weekly tasks to quarterly/yearly goals) - sometimes there's been a too slow relay of information between teams ('process' can mean 'red tape' just like it means regularity in decision making)

Continue reading
    DigitalOcean2020-02-10
  2. "Good work conditions and benefits, hard to get stuff done."

Current Employee - Developer Experience Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at DigitalOcean full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most the company is remote including myself. It's a great culture. Pay is reasonable for remote work.

Cons

Never take anything serious in terms of promises. You are required to firmly set your expectations but don't always expect them to be met at least not in a timely manor.

Continue reading
    DigitalOcean2020-02-10

Discover more reviews about DigitalOcean.