Cover image for DigitalOcean

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best place to work!

Nov 2, 2022 - Administrative Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing job to work at if you're looking to be a coordinator or executive assistant. The work life balance is unparalleled!! Digital ocean is a remote work place, and yet, everyone is so helpful and kind. You really have the opportunity to create your own work schedule and not be micromanaged. All of the leadership team I support are amazing to work with. Based on employee reviews I truly thought this place was "too good to be true," but it's absolutely not! So grateful to be an employee here. Would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

I honestly don't have any.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Work-Life Balance is Unparalleled

Jan 20, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

DigitalOcean was a pretty wonderful place to work. Some of the best parts of working on my team in particular was the work-life balance. My team and I felt fully supported in our personal lives and were encouraged to focus on working enough to get our work done, but were never once micromanaged to any extent. The senior leadership I worked with are wonderful human beings and genuinely cared about my growth as a person. I was fully supported throughout my time, even during my last two weeks before I moved on to a different company. Benefits are pretty standard for the tech industry, and more than adequate. Love the company’s values and the way it ties into the culture on a day to day basis. Compensation was pretty ok, nothing spectacular compared to big tech.

Cons

The way that offsites are undervalued and Sammy Recharge Days (near monthly company wide mental health days) were eliminated really rubbed me the wrong way. I’ve personally seen the value of getting distributed teams together for a week to connect and work together in person and the funds to make those opportunities possibly never felt to be an investment priority, until there was an uproar. The elimination of the Sammy Recharge Days takes away a lot of what made DO so special. There are still so many unique things that employees love about the culture at DO but the loss of SRDs are such a huge hit to the culture as a whole.

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Typical corporate company

Feb 2, 2023 - Senior Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most people who work there are really smart and good to work with. Flexible schedule.

Cons

No trust for their employees and this is company wide. You will see VPs involved on an IC level. Specifically for product managers, there’s not much help and a lot in expectation. There is also a constant misunderstanding on what the job is. Also, no trust in actually allowing product managers to do their job. So much politics and so many people taking credit for other teams. Also, the fact that executives are constantly battling each other for credit. No process for anything, some teams I work with aren’t even using jira. They took away the one benefit that meant the most to a lot of people, “Sammy recharge days” and did it with no tact. Unclear who we are even serving anymore as far as our customer base. Decisions get made at the top and you’d be lucky if you ever found out. People are constantly finding themselves not knowing about big decisions executives are making in a bubble.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about DigitalOcean.

DigitalOcean Photos

+ Add Photo
DigitalOcean photo of: NYC HQ
DigitalOcean photo of: Bring Your Kids to Work Day: Our baby sharks, mama sharks and papa sharks having a fun family day with face painting, dancing and all around fun.
DigitalOcean photo of: Welcome to the NYC office!
DigitalOcean photo of: New office launch party
DigitalOcean photo of: There's always space to relax while working.
DigitalOcean photo of: UX team whiteboarding
DigitalOcean photo of: DC in San Francisco