Cover image for DigitalOcean

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Less than it was

Nov 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart coworkers, flexible working arrangements, stock plan and 401k match

Cons

Reduction in benefits over the past quarters as we chase free cash flow. Lack of communication from leadership as we face trying times. Disconnect between actual benefits and the ones advertised publicly. If you have a good manager you’re in a good place, but work life balance is not a priority any longer.

4 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Work-Life Balance is Unparalleled

Jan 20, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

DigitalOcean was a pretty wonderful place to work. Some of the best parts of working on my team in particular was the work-life balance. My team and I felt fully supported in our personal lives and were encouraged to focus on working enough to get our work done, but were never once micromanaged to any extent. The senior leadership I worked with are wonderful human beings and genuinely cared about my growth as a person. I was fully supported throughout my time, even during my last two weeks before I moved on to a different company. Benefits are pretty standard for the tech industry, and more than adequate. Love the company’s values and the way it ties into the culture on a day to day basis. Compensation was pretty ok, nothing spectacular compared to big tech.

Cons

The way that offsites are undervalued and Sammy Recharge Days (near monthly company wide mental health days) were eliminated really rubbed me the wrong way. I’ve personally seen the value of getting distributed teams together for a week to connect and work together in person and the funds to make those opportunities possibly never felt to be an investment priority, until there was an uproar. The elimination of the Sammy Recharge Days takes away a lot of what made DO so special. There are still so many unique things that employees love about the culture at DO but the loss of SRDs are such a huge hit to the culture as a whole.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fully Remote

Jan 27, 2023 - Director in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fully remote, friendly atmosphere, good online presence

Cons

Executive management is all over the place with their decision making

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about DigitalOcean.

DigitalOcean Photos

+ Add Photo
DigitalOcean photo of: NYC HQ
DigitalOcean photo of: Bring Your Kids to Work Day: Our baby sharks, mama sharks and papa sharks having a fun family day with face painting, dancing and all around fun.
DigitalOcean photo of: Welcome to the NYC office!
DigitalOcean photo of: New office launch party
DigitalOcean photo of: There's always space to relax while working.
DigitalOcean photo of: UX team whiteboarding
DigitalOcean photo of: DC in San Francisco