Dignity Health - Maternal Fetal Medicine Sonographer | Glassdoor

"Maternal Fetal Medicine Sonographer"

Current Employee - Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits include a pension, paid vacation,paid leave, and health insurance. St. Joes is a learning hospital. Medical staff is kind and knowledgeable you can really grow as a medical professional here.

Cons

On-site management is awful. Managers don’t really care about you as a human being, to them you are a work horse. For instance; as a sonographer doing specialty exams, they say things like we want to make sure you save your body because those with your expertise are hard to come across, we want to make sure you are not over worked...but they then continue to over book your schedule, reluctantly get proper ergonomic equipment after you have begged for it, they book through lunches then get upset when you don’t take your lunch break, those that have had an injury on the job are gossiped about and any retaliation management can use they do. Those that have complained to upper management about some of these issues have also been retaliated against, and if you speak up about the way you feel or you complain about the unfairness you are treated poorly and as a consequence you are docked by management on your annual review which means you either will not receive a raise at all or you receive a raise that is next to nothing. Management rules by fear... and if you desire to make your job a career, you learn to conform. It just is not a positive work environment in that respect. Corporate paints a completely different picture about what our management should be like. They say managers should work for your team to create a positive team but in truth they are vindictive spiteful people and they make sure no one questions their authority. In my experience management is the one place that DH does NOT have it right. Overall, as a company, the pros out weight the cons.

Continue reading
    Dignity Health2018-10-14
  1. "Been here 5 years"

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

benefits, pay, bonuses, culture, employee involvement

Cons

right now I don't have any to list.

Dignity Health2020-02-11
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Family Nurse Practitioner

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time

Pros

Great place to work in Northern California

Cons

Shortage of staff specially in clinical side

Dignity Health2020-03-28

Discover more reviews about Dignity Health.