Dignity Health - Good place to work to make a difference | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dignity Health

"Good place to work to make a difference"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - IT Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Telecompute is possible, management and staff hearts are in the right place, trying to do the right thing, committed to patient care and improving healthcare administration and delivery.

Cons

Too reactionary, thought leadership is an oxymoron for most in the organization, like lemmings following a process doing what is expected instead of what is right, mostly obsolete technology, at best state-of-the art 2008 usually 2003.

Advice to Management

Need more workers and less managers, less analysis, more action, more leadership not isolated words

Other Employee Reviews for Dignity Health

"True kindness cannot be outsourced."

Current Employee - Staff RN in Santa Cruz, CA
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Dominican Hospital Santa Cruz: Union shop. Good compensation and benefits. Loyal employees. The only ER in town; serving the rich and poor of our community.

Cons

The choice to brand "Humankindess" says it all. You cannot brand caring, it must be nurtured and developed. Lloyd Dean has met his marks by outsourcing and a consolidation of services to the point of dysfunction. There is no functional HR at our hospital anymore. You call/ email Phoenix and pray for a response. LOA are handled by an outside company that doesn't return emails.

There is no "Humankindness" in processes that remove the human element from devoted workers. The Education Department, which was formerly an absolute jewel in Dominican's crown has been ravaged. The Employee Health Department is 2 people and an answering machine. Management and processes must take care of the worker in order for the worker to thrive and give that great patient care. I recommend young RNs look carefully before giving the best years of their lives to such mockery. Ask to visit the HR department (Phoenix), ask who you go to if your paycheck is wrong (Phoenix central payroll), ask who you sit down with to fill out the forms for pregnancy or family leave (outsourced to Matrix - it's a 1-800 number and they lose all your faxes).

The pay is even better over the hill and the competition keeps the hospitals more interested in retaining/ satisfying their employees. Dignity Health has reached the breaking point and I'm sad to say I cannot recommend the organization anymore.

Advice to Management

Lots of suits / lots of meetings/ too little actuality. Bring back our on site employee support services!

"Rewarding employment."

Current Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn and grow. Good people.

Cons

A little slow to get going on projects and a lot of red tape. Company has consolidated a lot of departments into corporate and that makes things even slower.