Dignity Health - Everything started out great! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dignity Health

"Everything started out great!"

Current Employee - IT Business Analyst
Current Employee - IT Business Analyst

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time

Pros

-Had awesome health benefits
-Can work remotely

Cons

-Now you have to pay for health insurance
-IT Realignment
-Pay
-If you get a raise, it's a very low percentage

Other Employee Reviews for Dignity Health

"interesting, political, non patient advocates"

Former Employee - LVN
    Former Employee - LVN

I worked at Dignity Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good hours, great co-workers. Great co-workers.

Cons

last two years the management was awful.

Advice to Management

its not about who you like its about what is right for the patient. lying may work for awhile some day lying will come back to bite you in the ass.

"True kindness cannot be outsourced."

Current Employee - Staff RN in Santa Cruz, CA
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Dominican Hospital Santa Cruz: Union shop. Good compensation and benefits. Loyal employees. The only ER in town; serving the rich and poor of our community.

Cons

The choice to brand "Humankindess" says it all. You cannot brand caring, it must be nurtured and developed. Lloyd Dean has met his marks by outsourcing and a consolidation of services to the point of dysfunction. There is no functional HR at our hospital anymore. You call/ email Phoenix and pray for a response. LOA are handled by an outside company that doesn't return emails.

There is no "Humankindness" in processes that remove the human element from devoted workers. The Education Department, which was formerly an absolute jewel in Dominican's crown has been ravaged. The Employee Health Department is 2 people and an answering machine. Management and processes must take care of the worker in order for the worker to thrive and give that great patient care. I recommend young RNs look carefully before giving the best years of their lives to such mockery. Ask to visit the HR department (Phoenix), ask who you go to if your paycheck is wrong (Phoenix central payroll), ask who you sit down with to fill out the forms for pregnancy or family leave (outsourced to Matrix - it's a 1-800 number and they lose all your faxes).

The pay is even better over the hill and the competition keeps the hospitals more interested in retaining/ satisfying their employees. Dignity Health has reached the breaking point and I'm sad to say I cannot recommend the organization anymore.

Advice to Management

Lots of suits / lots of meetings/ too little actuality. Bring back our on site employee support services!