Dignity Health - It's a new day at Dignity Health | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dignity Health

"It's a new day at Dignity Health"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great set of values
Dedicated to serving under served communities
Great benefits
Pockets of spectacular collaboration
Fantastic external brand of Hello Humankindness that is starting to change how we value our employees

Cons

Can be highly political
Too many individual agendas not aligned to organizational goals
Operations driven on productivity
People are not the number 1 asset
Leaders do not consistently administer policy
Leadership performance based on business results only (it's ok to beat up employees as long as the leader achieves business results)

Advice to Management

Leadership needs to focus more on the culture - we need to live our brand of Humankindess internally as well as externally
Leadership needs to balance productivity with humanity

Other Employee Reviews for Dignity Health

"Humankindness should start at home...Lloyd Dean forgot about his employees."

Current Employee - Radiology in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Radiology in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The good things are that it is close to where I live.

Cons

Trust is a huge challenge! Dignity has been playing dirty with our pensions behind closed doors. There is a lawsuit going on regarding some very sketchy actions regarding our pensions. Lloyd dean is no different from any other crooked politician. Look it up on the web! We are also down to a skeleton crew...hard to give "humankindnes" when we don't have enough time to spend with our patients.

Advice to Management

Tell all the head leaders to walk their talk! Lloyd's speaking skills are fantastic and believable to the naive. It's all a bunch of hot air. We need raises, full pay checks and a guaranteed pension plan that is straight forward. I am on my 28th year, I know what I'm talking about!!!!

"Don't believe the hype about "kindness""

I worked at Dignity Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great teamwork among the bedside employees.

Cons

Don't believe the hype about "humankindness." The organization is all about corporate,and that means benefits for management and treating the bedside employees terribly not only in terms of financial benefits but in terms of providing the needed resources, support, and simple respect. The culture is one of removing employees for one reason or another after a certain number of years in order to bring in lower-wage persons. The focus is always on saving money, even in terms of patient care. For example, when housekeeping went to an outsourced company the organization became so dirty it is disgusting. Professional employees providing bedside care were overworked and under-resourced yet when asking for support were written up or fired rather than given what they needed. Too many middle-managers wanting to get ahead themselves and willing to walk over anyone to get there. HR's interest is in protecting the middle and senior management not the employees.

Advice to Management

Clean out your own, meaning those in senior and middle management who are downright abusive to employees, before you launch a campaign that says the organization is"kind".