Dillard's - Okay experience working here. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's

"Okay experience working here."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Garland, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Garland, TX

I worked at Dillard's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good employee discount, pay is okay. First pick of markdowns. Other employees are (for the most part) fun to work with.

Cons

They really drive you to get Dillard's credit card applications. Also, if your sales aren't up to their standards they cut your pay.

Advice to Management

Why SO pushy on the credit card applications? Working in the Juniors department, we had a younger crowd shopping... not interested in credit cards!!

Other Employee Reviews for Dillard's

"Overall, very happy with my job."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dillard's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee discounts, opportunity for overtime and bonuses.

Cons

Some sales associates are envious if a new employee is better at sales and will be two-faced to you: praising you to your face but backstabbing when they can. Managers all have different opinions on how each dept. should be run and are openly trying to pet promoted by tearing other managers down to sales staff. Most managers only last a year at most before they are transferred or leave.

Advice to Management

Is there any training for managers? It's not apparent. Maybe only previous work experience is all that is needed to be a manager. Sales associates need more praise for a job well done. Longevity awards don't cut it. Top sales for the month/quarter/year and top new employees might be an idea.

"Unappreciated. The bottom line was about sales not customer service."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Murray, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Murray, UT

I worked at Dillard's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For Utah, excellent hourly wages.

Cons

My dependability and ability to engage with the customers to "probe to indentify, evaluate and recommend products and services" were not acknowledged. I was continuously threatened with loss of job if my sales goals (set by the store) were not achieved each day. Also, too much emphasis on opening store credit cards. Starting hourly wage is high but amount is lowered if sales goals are not met. Training is insufficent and not long enough.

Advice to Management

Encourage, support and assist personnel. Verbally acknowledge a job well done.