Dillard's - Dillard's Dept. Store, AZ | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's

"Dillard's Dept. Store, AZ"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Dillard's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have beautiful stores with good merchandise. They strive to keep their stores clean and orderly which adds to a nice shopping experience.

Cons

They treat their employees as if they were disposable. They do not get much respect. I have heard this from other employees also. I only worked there for 6 weeks due to coming down with an illness, but that was a blessing!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and you will have less turnover.

Other Employee Reviews for Dillard's

1. "Sucks your soul"

Former Employee - Counter Manager
    Former Employee - Counter Manager

I worked at Dillard's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Experience, self-management, independence, got to know a variety of brands

Cons

Lack of management, management couldn't follow through, false promises, cheap, horrible benefits, lack of training

Advice to Management

I think the bitterness and unhappiness has snowballed down from every level of management, starting up with the Dillard family. My ASM for Cosmetics in 2 different cities were overwhelmed with too much to handle. They couldn't remember what they told me or gave me and would get angry at me when they would fall short on their responsibilities. If I were to ask for something they would assume they'd already given it to me when in reality they probably lost it somewhere else. They were honest mistakes but it all came down to lack of support and tools with too much being expected at every level. I can do everything in my own means but I need support for such extraordinary expectations.

"Okay experience working here."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Garland, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Garland, TX

I worked at Dillard's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good employee discount, pay is okay. First pick of markdowns. Other employees are (for the most part) fun to work with.

Cons

They really drive you to get Dillard's credit card applications. Also, if your sales aren't up to their standards they cut your pay.

Advice to Management

Why SO pushy on the credit card applications? Working in the Juniors department, we had a younger crowd shopping... not interested in credit cards!!