Dillard's - Cincinnati,OH | Glassdoor

"Cincinnati,OH"

Pros

good pay and tri county location doesnt have a lot of traffic

Cons

management was bad, if you're part time you get the worst shifts

Advice to Management

work together, better train your managers, better attitudes, no place for you to move up as an employee they do not hire from within

Other Employee Reviews for Dillard's

"Lies, lies & more lies!! If you value your health, sanity -Run the other direction! Do not attempt to work for them!!!"

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER
    Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER

I worked at Dillard's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Customers and some of the sales associates

Cons

Having to rate a company that beleives in slave labor. (that is how you are treated)

Yelling & being micro-managed by store management. Store managment and above do not appreciate you at all. Willing to work you like a dog.expecting you there 24/7 while they are at store 6-8 hrs 5 days a week and 4 on week-ends if that. No growth opportunity or ability to have a mind of your own!! Oh, don't have a family or try to have a life at all. It isn't allowed!!! neither is getting sick, it's beyond your controll & not allowed either your expected to be there.

Advice to Management

You do the work for a day you expect out of sales associates, Area Sales & Buisiness Managers and try doing it on a day with 10,000 mark downs, a truck and more customers than associats to take care of! Oh yea, dont forget to pay attention to EVERY Customer and have all mark downs, freight and projects completed between 10AM & 6PM. Nothing can roll or wait a day to be put up!

"A lot to be desired"

Former Employee - Business Manager
    Former Employee - Business Manager

I worked at Dillard's full-time

Pros

In general, the company has a great sale at the end of most months. I think as far as sales go, its a favorite of mine as a consumer.

Cons

The pay scale, although is set up for you to be successful, after you reach a certain threshold it is impossible for the associates to continue to be successful. The most expensive item they sell in stores is probably a $500 bag. My top selling associate deliberately worked bare minimum because she didn't want to make over a certain amount because once she did, her sph would increase to a rate that was unreasonable with the price point in the department. I personally have experienced racism within the stores, with management. I do not believe the company as a whole is racist but the specific stores I was a manager in it was definitely prevalent. I would not suggest working with this brand no matter what level of experience. There are better brands that supply training, sales development and business culture. In order to receive a company discount you have to apply for the credit card. Ridiculous.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is, even you can do better than this company. So go do it!