Dillard's - Long Hours | Glassdoor

"Long Hours"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Hurst, TX
Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Hurst, TX

I worked at Dillard's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

401k was good to me

Cons

Total disrespect from Managers and co workers

Advice to Management

Be KInd

Other Employee Reviews for Dillard's

"Dillard's management creates tension & unfair policies targeted to employees to get any dollar"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Evansville, IN

I worked at Dillard's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits such as insurance, sick days, vacation time. The merchandise is a very good quality. Good employee discount.

Cons

Only the cut-throat employees are rewarded. The employees work hard at being a customer friendly store, but Dillard's policies are not customer friendly. Computer system so antiquated it is almost non-existent. There is no work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Your policies are 20 yrs behind the time. An overview with updates would help Dillard's stay competitive. When customers are paying top prices, they expect better support. Customers can also see unfair policies directed to employees while shopping & can surmise the store will cut them short, also. Don't underestimate your employees & customers, you are cutting yourself short.

"A lot to be desired"

Former Employee - Business Manager
    Former Employee - Business Manager

I worked at Dillard's full-time

Pros

In general, the company has a great sale at the end of most months. I think as far as sales go, its a favorite of mine as a consumer.

Cons

The pay scale, although is set up for you to be successful, after you reach a certain threshold it is impossible for the associates to continue to be successful. The most expensive item they sell in stores is probably a $500 bag. My top selling associate deliberately worked bare minimum because she didn't want to make over a certain amount because once she did, her sph would increase to a rate that was unreasonable with the price point in the department. I personally have experienced racism within the stores, with management. I do not believe the company as a whole is racist but the specific stores I was a manager in it was definitely prevalent. I would not suggest working with this brand no matter what level of experience. There are better brands that supply training, sales development and business culture. In order to receive a company discount you have to apply for the credit card. Ridiculous.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is, even you can do better than this company. So go do it!