Dillard's - Not very clear on what Part time meant. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's

"Not very clear on what Part time meant."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bentonville, AR
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bentonville, AR

I worked at Dillard's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hourly rate was decent as a part time gig.

Cons

It was a bit much for me b/c I had a FT job as well. I would have to work days on end without a day off and the weekend hours were strenuous, working all day and nearly every weekend.

Other Employee Reviews for Dillard's

"Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Dillard's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lunch hour, Nice discount. Most of the Managers are nice to you. Pay is ok.

Cons

SPH and the ridiculous quota's they enforce on employee's makes it a very hostile work environment in which people knock you down to get to a customer. I had a very good attitude when I started but now I am going to be looking for something else ASAP! They should come up with a more positive way to get their sales than pitting employees' against each other because they are afraid of a pay cut or losing their job. Also they stick you in department with six or more people at the same time of day making it very hard to meet your sales goals especially when its not busy. They seem to want employees to fight and be agressive with each other. They also try and work you in the ground by making you work ridiculousy long hours. Sometimes open to close give or take an hour.

Advice to Management

Listen to your Employee's concerns to avoid a constant turnover rate.

"Hired under false pretenses as Area Business Manager; given associate job answering to incompetent Area Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Area Business Manager - Men's Tailored Clothing in Newnan, GA
    Former Employee - Area Business Manager - Men's Tailored Clothing in Newnan, GA

I worked at Dillard's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the greatest people I've ever met walk through the doors of Dillard's
    Incredible potential (never fulfilled) within the company
    Employee discount
    Weekly pay
    This company could survive the collapse of the US dollar with innovation and progressive change management

Cons

Clique management culture at this store.
    Current Men's Area Sales Manager is a two-faced megalomaniac micro-manager. If you don't report every single activity occurring within the area to him you are taken to a stock room and verbally abused for 5 minutes. If any slight is perceived to his ego you will be targeted for termination.
    In front of Store GM he acts courteous and professional (kiss butt) but out of sight he turns into an x style manager.
    You may be hired under a Management title but later told you are just an associate. Get it in writing!!!
    Taking any action as a manager ( aka making a decision) will be considered insubordination.
    Do not believe the upper management speeches about "we are a company that asks why not? If you have a great idea we want to hear about it!" Submitting an idea will get you called into the executive office for a verbal warning you won't be told is occurring.

Advice to Management

Create an HR department staffed by experienced outsiders who understand the concept of honesty in hiring
    Corporate is out of touch with store operations but an HR system would solve this matter and would protect employees from ASM's like the one in Ashley Park men's department