Dillard's - WORST company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's

"WORST company to work for"

I worked at Dillard's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are NO pros working for this company.

Cons

There are so many cons working for Dillard's...Lies, horrible pay, Long hours, no HR team so problems are ignored and swept under the rug.

Advice to Management

For this company change is needed and fast. Too many managers in the same position for far too long. Really need to look into your "5 star service" slogan...no one gives 5 star service. If a customer wants to check-out they have to go search for an associate. Associates are just here because they receive a decent hourly wage for retail. Your C@D system is not user-friendly...look into Nordstrom's Personal Book! Your system needs work.
Most importantly, the markdown system is a joke. So much time is wasted on this ridiculous system. It ruins the overall experience for the customer because the associates and management are strictly focused on getting the mds complete. The time wasted on mds could be used to work with associates on true customer service, product knowledge, and how to properly maintain their areas. So much unnecessary time is wasted on this poor system.

Other Employee Reviews for Dillard's

1. "Sucks your soul"

Former Employee - Counter Manager
    Former Employee - Counter Manager

I worked at Dillard's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Experience, self-management, independence, got to know a variety of brands

Cons

Lack of management, management couldn't follow through, false promises, cheap, horrible benefits, lack of training

Advice to Management

I think the bitterness and unhappiness has snowballed down from every level of management, starting up with the Dillard family. My ASM for Cosmetics in 2 different cities were overwhelmed with too much to handle. They couldn't remember what they told me or gave me and would get angry at me when they would fall short on their responsibilities. If I were to ask for something they would assume they'd already given it to me when in reality they probably lost it somewhere else. They were honest mistakes but it all came down to lack of support and tools with too much being expected at every level. I can do everything in my own means but I need support for such extraordinary expectations.

2. "Cincinnati,OH"

Pros

good pay and tri county location doesnt have a lot of traffic

Cons

management was bad, if you're part time you get the worst shifts

Advice to Management

work together, better train your managers, better attitudes, no place for you to move up as an employee they do not hire from within