Dillard's - Fun environment. Challenging work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's

"Fun environment. Challenging work"

Current Employee - Executive Development Program, Buyer Training in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Dillard's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like the people I work with and the work environment. The job is teaching me a lot and it's challenging enough to keep me excited

Cons

I work long hours and i have to work in the store

Other Employee Reviews for Dillard's

1. "So many times there's much pressure to reach your sales goal, yet having to do many non-selling activities."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Dillard's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you qualify for the 25% employee discount, you can save a lot on some nice-quality items. Some customers can be very loyal to you, as long as they know your schedule & a co-worker lets you know they were asking for you.

Cons

There can be much pressure to get enough sales for your goal, yet competing with several other co-workers concurrently. You have a pressure to accomplish other non-selling actions such as markdowns or floor rearrangements, yet trying to get your sales done at same time.

Advice to Management

They need to take occasional surveys of employees to see how they feel things are going in their store. They also could listen to employees suggestions on making improvements in a store or doing business between stores.

"Great Internship Experience!"

Former Intern - Intern in Little Rock, AR
    Former Intern - Intern in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Dillard's as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at Dillard's are really great. Dillard's is growing, and my internship gave me the opportunity to see its growth through operations. It was an amazing experience.

Cons

The corporate office could update its IT department. I believe they were upgrading the equipment during my employment. Heavy workload is expected during busy season.