Dillard's - JUST DONT | Glassdoor
  1. "JUST DONT"

Former Employee - Selling Business Manager in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Dillard's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Occasional free things. Affairs with upper management rarely had repercussions. EXTREMELY difficult to be fired (outside of stealing, lack of sales, and tardiness)

Cons

Over all outdated company. Mostly male corporate environment. Lack of a standard training, lack of a consistent training. Intense pressure for sales. Unrealistic expectations, general lack of team work.

Advice to Management

Ah we'd have to start at the top with the VPs, more professionalism, more on floor selling from the SM and OPS, focus more on building loyalty with employees for less of a turn over rate.

Dillard's2019-05-02
  1. "Working handling shipments and distributing merchandise"

Current Employee - Dock Associate in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Dillard's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Boss, people, easy work, work life balance

Cons

Hours, schedule, customers, career advancement

Dillard's2019-03-08
    • "Above usual salary for retail"

Current Employee - Specialist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Dillard's full-time for less than a year

Pros

Above usual salary, freedom to use your talent to increase your sales, a management that shows concern for workers, challenging atmosphere for those that have a compete event spirit

Cons

It is a sales quota system. Sometimes understaffed. But that is more a byproduct of absenteeism rather than schedule.

Advice to Management

My management team at Mall St Matthews is very responsive to worker’s needs. They get in the trenches and work with the associates. They are also open to ideas to improve opportunities to build greater clientele. My advice is to continue. I’ve read many of the reviews on this site. My experience has been very positive. Much is expected of you but they will give you the tools to get there.

Dillard's2019-07-18

Discover more reviews about Dillard's.