Dillard's - Sales quotas are impossible | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's

"Sales quotas are impossible"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in McAllen, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in McAllen, TX

I worked at Dillard's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My first manager was so awesome and very professional.

Cons

Then I was moved to a different department and that's where the stress begun. Short staffed and manager not caring for department. They cut your hours from one day to another.

Advice to Management

Value the hard working people! Not the people that sale and don't even bother to get their hands dirty. Those people are very hard to work with and management don't even do anything about it. Why? Just because they want to see numbers.

Other Employee Reviews for Dillard's

"NOT Reccomended"

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Newnan, GA
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Newnan, GA

I have been working at Dillard's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was drawn in to working at Dillard's to be a makeup artist with Estee Lauder. They have good starting pay at $12 an hour and will give decent raises based on sales performance.

Cons

This has been my first retail job, and it is so extremely stressful. Firstly, the pressure they put on employees for sales is ridiculous. The sales goals are usually impossible considering the low traffic, and you will be guaranteed pay cuts for not meeting your goal more often than not. Secondly, I have never heard of being a makeup artist, but being moved to whichever department needs you. You have to be willing to drop whatever you're doing to be thrown completely out of your element (where your sales will decrease). Third, the management is absolutely horrible. It is a very reactive style, which puts everyone on pins and needles. There is constantly the feeling of being 'watched' - and let's not mention if you don't talk to a "client" within the first few seconds of them meandering in your area if a manager is there. Also, their wardrobe rules are preposterous. Work is miserable having to wear heels for eight hours straight (and for a retail job!!). In short... not a good company to work for, at all. They don't care about their employees, and even though the pay is good, it's quite honestly not worth the stress.

Advice to Management

Stop putting such a tremendous amount of pressure on your associates for goals. Trust our judgement more so that customers don't constantly feel 'watched' (we have at least one remark like this from customers every day). Cut out the heels rule, among many others. Listen to your employees and don't run your stores like prisons!

2. "Truly awful."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bowling Green, KY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at Dillard's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Above average entry level pay. Employee discount.

Cons

The management of this store is weak. The Store Manager is rarely seen, the assistant manager is unprofessional. The only time you will see either them is while preparing for one on the "visits" from regional managers. Employee moral is horrid, and they do not care.
    I can not wait to leave. With out a doubt the worse place I have ever worked. (I was told this by several people...now I know it is true!)