Diocese of Dallas - Catholic teachers be aware | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Diocese of Dallas

"Catholic teachers be aware"

Former Employee - High School Teacher in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - High School Teacher in Dallas, TX

I worked at Diocese of Dallas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is no better job than to teach a subject that you love--and they PAY you to do it!

Cons

Trying to duck in and out of the politics and ideologies that permeate the secondary education system in Dallas was tiring and like living inside of a B-grade spy movie.

Advice to Management

Ensure that the administration has its primary dedication to Holy Mother Church and not some personalized ideological version of "the spirit of Vatican II." My family has suffered much at the hands of such misguided zeal.

Other Employee Reviews for Diocese of Dallas

"The OPPOSITE of a rewarding job!"

Pros

You get to interact with the church community. There are SOME good people.

Cons

I accepted a position within the diocese expecting to work in a positive environment. I was met by the polar opposite of what you'd expect a religious environment to encompass. My direct supervisor was a manipulative, condescending jerk who not only was rude to the parishioners (which was surprising for a person of her stature), but she would openly speak negatively about EVERYONE who worked at the church. It was altogether the worst work environment I had ever experienced. The funny thing is I was warned going in that my would-be supervisor was a handful. "Maybe you can change her," and "Are you sure you want to work with __?" were just some of the MANY warnings I had thrown my way. I should have listened

Advice to Management

Rename your institution the "Diocese of Melrose Place", because the drama is rampant and nauseating.

2. "mission alignment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Diocese of Dallas (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employees are aligned with the mission of serving, teaching, and bringing the Word of God to individuals in the region. There is a lived sense of charity and respect among employees, who also live their faith. There is a great work-life balance.

Cons

Salaries are not as competitive.