Direct Partners - its a great place to start but a lousy place to end | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Direct Partners

"its a great place to start but a lousy place to end"

Pros

dogs and lots of lunches and parties

Cons

bad reputation in the industry, they keep clients for a long time but gain none in the past 2 to 3 years. lots of nepotism.

Advice to Management

quit

Direct Partners Response

Mar 4, 2015 – Founder And CEO

Hi,
I hope I've addressed some of your issues in prior responses. I would add that we've won quite a bit of new business recently which I credit to our people and the work they do for our clients... More

Other Employee Reviews for Direct Partners

1. "Absurd office"

Pros

People are really nice
    Great hours (come in at 9:30, leave by 6:30 daily)
    Passionate employees
    dogs
    fun office activities and relaxed environment

Cons

I find it hilarious that the same week they laid off a host of employees, their approval rating shot through the roof. Fishy reviews.

The senior management is overpaid, underqualified and elitist. They don't respect their employees that do the work. I can not overemphasize the lack of respect. There is some level of loyalty to those who are in "the club", and unless you are in, you aren't valued. If you are in the club, its a golden ticket and great ride. Overall, a highly frustrating place of employment with little to no room for personal or career growth.

The clients are always on the verge of leaving, so job security is always questionable. They don't charge enough for the work they do, so if one client leaves, the whole place could crumble.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees that do the work, remove the arrogance and lead by example. Your employees don't trust you, rightfully so.

Direct Partners Response

Mar 4, 2015 – Founder And CEO

"overpaid, underqualified and elitist". "Elitist"?!? Now that's beyond the pale my dear sir. "Mr. Carson, kindly arrange for a duel with this gentlemen".
    Skip Reed... More

2. "Little room for growth, but wonderful people"

Pros

great people, fun atmosphere, interesting projects. Management always has good ideas. The location is great being next to the beach.

Cons

little room for growth, projects get delayed and put on hold, poor work/life balance for some people, limited space for some people

Advice to Management

Overall management does a good job. I would recommend investing more in the technology department in order to produce higher quality work.