Disability Group - Fun place to work and I like what I do | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Disability Group

"Fun place to work and I like what I do"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Disability Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am fairly new and have made a lot of friends already. I like learning about the law all the medical terminology.

Cons

It is hard to deal with the mentally disabled clients sometimes.

Advice to Management

Hire more people so we can help more clients.

Other Employee Reviews for Disability Group

1. "Dignity and Respect... Yea Right"

Former Employee - Case Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Case Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Disability Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great stepping stone to getting into a much better company.
    Free food in the break room in addition to Lunch & Learn.
    The eye candy walking throughout the departments.
    Weekends off.

Cons

Very high school like environment. (Cadiness, manipulation, instability, and stressful)
    Little to no room for job advancement. (Good luck getting a promotion or even moving into another department)
    Overall company mentality is what have u done for me lately. You either leave the company while still on top, or you stay around long enough for your eventual downfall which leads to scolding or termination.
    Expected to produce miracles with little resources and negative reinforcement.
    Attorneys not very hands on or accessable (You have to go thru several middle men just to speak to one of the subpar attorneys)
    Many of the staff members are just plain unprofessional. (No phone etiquette, not articulate, do not dress appropiate, and not passionate about their role)
    Clients get no respect from the staff. (Behind the scenes they are mocked, threatened, and kept in the dark regarding the whole social security process)
    The Case Analyst Dept is the black sheep of the Company. Those within the department endure numerous scare tactics from management, unappreciation, back stabbing, unrealistic expectations, and little to no hope of advancement. Not to mention managment makes you sign a document giving them the right to decrease your hourly salary after 1-3 months of subpar performance. Mind you, there are little to no resources to meet the goals placed in the first place. All the other departments either pity or look down on the Case Analyst Department.

Advice to Management

Be more employee oriented. Restructure the culture of the company. The problem is, the management must abide by the top individual who is just so out of the loop of the daily on goings and client culture its not even funny. Reframe from using unprofessional scare tactics on the employees and stop the cadiness, bickering, disrespect, and just overall childish behavior that goes on day to day.

2. "Not great pay, but a job that makes a difference."

Current Employee - Case Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Disability Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are not many jobs out there where you actually make a difference in people's lives. The company knows we work hard and does some cool things for us like Wii tournaments, company picnics and casual days.

Cons

So much work to do since we have so many clients. Challenged to get all work done in an 8 hour day.

Advice to Management

Continue to help us find more ways to win our cases.