Discount Tire - living the dream | Glassdoor

"living the dream"

Current Employee - Work Flow Assistant Manager in Baytown, TX
Current Employee - Work Flow Assistant Manager in Baytown, TX

Pros

discount trains you to be promoted, we want all of our employees to get promoted everyone to be a manager, but you have to want it, you have to want the dream. if your not interested as a full time job come get experience as a part timer. plus we have all the fun everyone else is missing out on.

Cons

as a full timer you have to work alot of hours the pay is great, and you have fun so its worth it.

Advice to Management

keep going the route of training within our four walls, dont always go for the pretty boy that can sell he cant help the in the bays, plus TXH region just kicks A**

Other Employee Reviews for Discount Tire

1. "Discount Tire is a great place to grow, and to help others grow."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Clinton Township, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Clinton Township, MI

Pros

Bruce Hallie, the founder and president of discount tires has got to be one of the best people you can possibly work for. Besides paying more than most people would expect he treats his people with a profound respect, that is very obvious within your first week of working for the company. I have a strong sense of pride in my work, and am not even a little embarrassed when discussing my job to my very educated family. Even my parents, although it took them a year or so to come around, brag about what a great company it is to work for.

Cons

The biggest con has to be the hours. I work anywhere from 44, during our slow time, to 70 hours a week. Which doesn't leave much time left over.

Advice to Management

I think management does a pretty good all around job. The only downside i have is the hours i work.

"My experience with Discount Tire Companty has been a rollar coaster of ups and downs."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager 6th Man in Wake Forest, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager 6th Man in Wake Forest, NC

Pros

The best reasons to work at Discount Tire Company are the people you work with everyday and the customers that you get to call your customers.

Cons

The downsides of working at Discount Tire Company are a few that had I known when I started I would have thought twice. The long hours you work at Discount Tire are some of the worst I have ever worked for. I am at work more than I am with my own family. You have to put your life on hold to work for Discount Tire Company.

Advice to Management

Some advise or feedback I would say is to listen to the voice of the employees. Listen to what we have to say. We have a life outside of Discount Tire Company and we would like to live it. We should not be made to feel bad about asking to take time off to be with our familys.