Discovia - Stay for the Experience, Leave for More Money and Work Life Balance | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Discovia

"Stay for the Experience, Leave for More Money and Work Life Balance"

Current Employee - Project Analyst in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Project Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Discovia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall, great people to work with, and a good place to gain experience in the eDiscovery industry.

Cons

Low pay and long hours. No clear career development path. Consequently, internal advancement can be steep and competitive.

No work life balance. A long term project management position is untenable for anyone hoping to have a life. There is no company culture.

Advice to Management

Place more importance on getting results and doing a good job rather than politicking. Create a company culture, and promote a healthy work life balance rather than paying lip service to these ideas.

Other Employee Reviews for Discovia

1. "Good Place and People"

Pros

Culture, great managers and owners. It depends what is important to you.

Cons

Pay, resources, work hours, lack of bandwidth

2. "One of the best eDiscovery companies to work for."

Current Employee - Discovery Analyst
    Current Employee - Discovery Analyst

I have been working at Discovia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the major reasons I moved to Discovia from a different eDiscovery vendor was the flexibility that the job offered. I currently work as a remote employee on the Client Services team, and I love it. The company hires talent from all over the country, and they do a good job of incorporating remote employees into the company culture.

Cons

Work-life balance in the field of eDiscovery is always a struggle, due to the nature of the industry. Similar to any other eDiscovery vendor, be prepared to work long hours and deal with difficult clients. However, Discovia does a great job of recognizing hard work and individual achievements, and as a remote employee, I am able to avoid what was formerly the worst part of my workday: the commute.

Advice to Management

As the company grows its employee base, continue to be selective in your hiring process and value your existing employees. It would be a shame to lose the tight-knit community we have at Discovia due to rapid company growth.