Disney Parks & Resorts - Great Co-Workers and a fun time, ok pay and managment that doesnt care about you. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

"Great Co-Workers and a fun time, ok pay and managment that doesnt care about you."

Former Employee - Attractions Cast Member in Anaheim, CA
Former Employee - Attractions Cast Member in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are great. It makes coming to work everyday fun. The guest in the park are usually fun to talk to and help.

Cons

Pay is on the low side with only a raise of 3% each march. Takes awhile to get full time. Hours are hard to get for the first year of working there

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like you actually care about them and stop choosing favorites to advance.

Other Employee Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

1. "Disney College Program"

Former Intern - Entertainment-costume in Orlando, FL
    Former Intern - Entertainment-costume in Orlando, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people, incredible résumé booster, great housing set up, paid! (Minimum wage-but money is money!)

Cons

You'll feel a bit "sucked in" by any of the all-encompassing jobs offered by the college program. I found it difficult to focus on myself or my classes. However, I don't regret a second of it. It simply pushed my graduation date back some.

Advice to Management

My managers were amazing. They were easy to talk to and related to me as well as supported me.

2. "Working for Disney as a College Program Cast Member"

Former Intern - College Program Merchandising Role in Orlando, FL
    Former Intern - College Program Merchandising Role in Orlando, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As a Disney Cast Member you get to interact with many people from different backgrounds. You also get to attend Disney parks for free whenever you want and you can bring family and friends a set number of times. You get a discount on merchandise, which increases to 50% during Christmas time. You can also ake some classes during the College Program that will count towards your degree. Lastly, having Disney on your resume is a plus.

Cons

As a College Program student, you get the worst possible work hours. The apartments you have to live in, for which rent is deducted from your paycheck on a weekly basis, leave much to be desired (and you could end up living with 7 people as was the case for me). Salary is minimum wage. The classes you can take are first come first serve, so if your move-in/check-in date is late in the start of the program you might not get the class you want.