Disney Parks & Resorts - Managers and coworkers are very helpful | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

"Managers and coworkers are very helpful"

Current Intern - Professional Intern in Orlando, FL
Current Intern - Professional Intern in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Managers and coworkers are very helpful

Cons

pay is not comparable to other companies for the same position

Other Employee Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

1. "A good place to work"

Current Employee - Staff Analyst in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Current Employee - Staff Analyst in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best reasons to work at Disney are the people you work with and the opportunities to work in several different positions within the same company.

Cons

There are not an cons that would affect my decision to work for Disney.

2. "Can be rewarding, but ultimately politics in area management were the reason I left."

Former Employee - Attractions Hostess in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Attractions Hostess in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Half of the guests are polite, kind, and really grateful to even have questions answered. There are special needs guests and their families that are super grateful when you can really make their experience the best possible. You'll get plenty of hours, if you are willing to work different attractions or positions. They do provide training and a good set of programs for moving up in their workforce.

Cons

Starting pay is low. If you're not good friends with a scheduler or manager, you're going to get all the crappy shifts at first, including every day on weekends and holidays. I worked Christmas, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day in my first year for the company, while a girl who was hired with me and dating a scheduler didn't have to work any of them. Politics play a HUGE part in who is selected as a trainer or lead, and despite months of effort I was never selected because I was not into kissing someone's butt. There's a ton of drama with the college kids that work there, including their bad friendships and relationships and gossip.

Advice to Management

Provide more training or flexibility in attraction choice for cast members. When I was hired in to work a certain attraction, I was trained at that attraction and then nobody there would even talk to me, they were so worked up in the friendships they already had. You guys let the 'cool' kids get away with anything, basically, just because they've been there a while or are peppier than the rest, while newer hires get ignored and don't feel welcomed into the parks.