Disney Parks & Resorts - Great for those that love Disney! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

"Great for those that love Disney!"

Former Employee - Attractions Operator in Anaheim, CA
Former Employee - Attractions Operator in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you love Disney you'll love working there. Otherwise for me, it was just a job for me to do to get off my butt and find a real job.
-FREE ADMISSION

Cons

Dealing with Guests was kind of a bad. I was in attractions which was ok, great seeing smiles on kids faces. Cons would be working parades/fireworks. You're just a walking light post.

Other Employee Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

1. "Had a mostly magical time working for the mouse!"

Former Employee - Research Specialist in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Former Employee - Research Specialist in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is so much room for growth! Many managers are interested helping you reach your goals within the company and will help point you in the right direction or get you talking with the right people. Park admission for you and your family is an awesome perk, even if the pay isn't spectacular.

Cons

Scheduling was my #1 issue. Some people enjoy working mornings, some people enjoy working evenings. Why not let people choose instead of demanding full availability? The points system isn't family friendly - if I'm out because one of my children gets sick and then they spread it to another, I could lose my job by the time my kids are well again. When I began working, I was nursing my infant. Though my management did their best to find good locations where I could pump milk for my baby, overall, the company does not make it easy for nursing mothers. I was often in someone's office, if they were gracious enough to allow me to use it, or some other unused room - most often in the nursing rooms in the parks.

Advice to Management

Do what it takes to be more family friendly to your cast members, not just guests.

"Active, busy, great work with a lack of process"

Current Employee - Consulting Engineer in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Consulting Engineer in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very flexible middle management. Great benefits and great technical staff. Everyone is focused on making the guest experience "worth it"

Cons

very disorganized. middle management seems to have it together, but the top down approach is to not take responsibility for anything. Makes it very difficult to get anything done.

Advice to Management

Encourage individual contributors. identify and create company wide (across business unit) processes. This will stream line many of our efforts and increase profitability.