Disney Parks & Resorts - Attractions Operator | Glassdoor

"Attractions Operator"

Current Employee - Attractions Operator in Anaheim, CA
Current Employee - Attractions Operator in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get paid to make magic. I love making people happy and its what I get paid to do. It's a relatively simple job and you get to spend most of your time interacting with guests from all over the world.

Cons

You are "a dime a dozen" and they pay you as such. Also, because of the vast number of employees (many fresh out of high school), drama is rampant and annoying.

Advice to Management

I understand there will never be a decline in people who'd like to work for your company; but better pay would make more people take their job seriously. Iv'e been with the company for 3.5 years and don't even make a dollar more than I started with (and I started low to begin with). Costco employees who push carts make more money than I do!

Other Employee Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

"Great Company, but your direct leader can taint the whole experience"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are great, especially the Park access and purchase discounts during the holidays. It is also fun telling people that you work for Disney and seeing their excitement. Not too many companies have that impact.

Cons

The pay is sub-par. Part of that is they know the brand draws people in so finding people is not a problem.

Advice to Management

Pay market rate and push out the "dead weight" who has been there forever and is blocking advancement opportunities. Don't promote people because they have been there forever. Promote based on skill.

2. "Loved the product but horrible working environment. No work/life balance and 80% politics."

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time

Pros

Great brand/product to work with
    Wonderful and dedicated business partners
    Benefits surprising the parks can't be beat

Cons

Extremely high turnover. Most of those hired quit due to the workload or environment, leaving current employees either wasting time on training or overloaded with work when employees left.
    Company growth could not keep up with hiring, leading to the hiring of employees with little to no work ethic
    Politics and favoritism runs rampant

Advice to Management

Appreciate your hardworking employees and make yourselves available for your team members.