Disney Parks & Resorts - Fun Company To Work With | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

"Fun Company To Work With"

Former Intern - Professional Intern in Orlando, FL
Former Intern - Professional Intern in Orlando, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

In order to be fulfilled as a Disney employee, you have to love the magic and have a desire to provide the magical experience for everyone.

Cons

Hard to gain a permanent position. Most people start out as contract employees

Advice to Management

None. Keep up the good job!!

Other Employee Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

1. "It's the happiest place on earth!"

Former Employee - Disney College Program Intern in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Disney College Program Intern in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After working here, you realize the potential there is to grow with the company. With its many departments and broad spectrum of areas you can get involved it, the opportunities are plentiful. It is competitive; but with the right mindset and determination, you can find yourself working across multiple realms. In this sense, it's a great company for personal growth. This company provides optimal opportunities to network.

You are also surrounded by innovative thinking and an appreciation for diversity, in its guests and cast members alike. Being in a positive environment, where so many people who are passionate about the Disney brand, it is hard not to enjoy what you do.

On a side note, working here also provides many other perks -- such as passes to the park, discounts, etc.

Cons

Working at parks & resorts, it is quite demanding. You have to be willing to invest a lot of your time and effort, working from the bottom-up in order to go far within this company. With seniority being a factor, getting the shifts or hours you like will be hard from the get go -- diminishing that "work-life balance."

It is also a bit difficult to get time off. You must put in a request early on for a chance to get certain days off. And considering there's a point system, you will be reprimanded for any time you call in, come late, etc. This is understandable, though, since there is a high number of cast members, it's the only way to really keep everyone accounted for.

Besides that, Disney's hourly rate for its cast members is around minimum wage -- unless you're working in management or corporate. So it's not a place to expect much as far as pay goes.

Advice to Management

Although there are some cast member recognition events/activities, while working there, I felt there was a lack of acknowledgement from higher management. Managers & directors should invest more time in their cast members; especially relationship building with their direct team or department if possible. This will make it an even more magical place to be ... even while working!

2. "I wouldn't trade my College Program experience for anything."

Former Intern - College Program - Attractions in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Former Intern - College Program - Attractions in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked in Attractions. The managers were really nice and caring, as were my coworkers. I learned a lot about myself and my abilities. I met people from around the world, got to go to the Disney parks for free whenever I wanted, and got to take classes from professionals in the industry I want to go into. Most of the guests were really nice.

Cons

You don't make a lot of money, the hours are long, and the guests can be pretty rude.

Advice to Management

Pay CP's a little more, most of what we make goes back to the company anyway.