Disney Parks & Resorts - Working for the Mouse | Glassdoor

"Working for the Mouse"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with the resort for about 9 months now. Great experience, depending on your department and whether or not you're able to make the best of whatever situation you find yourself in. I work in the entertainment department. So obviously it's very fast-paced and you learn the true meaning of "the show must go on" no matter the circumstances. Honestly though, greatest thrill comes from seeing the smiles of the young performers I'm fortunate enough to work with and the joy of the audiences we put on shows for.

Cons

The only con I can really think of are the hours. There's a lot of competition for shifts and it can sometimes become very frustrating. Other than that, great company to be a part of.

Advice to Management

None that comes to mind.

Other Employee Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

1. "Disneyland resort"

Current Employee - Baker in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Baker in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company can guarantee you hours if you are labeled as full time.
    The benefits are well worth it.
    You can accumulate vacation time or sick time. if you happen to have a dependent with special needs they have a program that will allow you to take all of the necessary actions without risking anything.

Cons

The pay is not the same everywhere in the park. It really depends in what department and position you are working.

2. "Worked for the company in merchandise through the College Program. A great company that cares about it's employees."

Former Intern - Merchandise in Kissimmee, FL
    Former Intern - Merchandise in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and they truly want you to succeed, managers will take the time to talk to you to reach your dreams. They don't just want guest to be happy, but their own employees as well. Lots of recognition rewards and they truly care about the safety of their employees.

Cons

Salary is not the greatest, but honestly the people who work for this company care about making others happy not their paycheck. Hours could be long depending if they need you, outside working conditions can be a challenge if you're not used to it.

Advice to Management

Always talk to employees about any problems for comfort, recognize daily performance.