Disney Parks & Resorts - Overall, humbling and magical experience. Frustrating, stressful, and underpaid at times. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

"Overall, humbling and magical experience. Frustrating, stressful, and underpaid at times."

Former Intern - Walt Disney World Photopass Photographer in Orlando, FL
Former Intern - Walt Disney World Photopass Photographer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Magical. Great chance to meet and network with people all over the world. Awesome benefits (free park entrance, cast member only specials, etc.)

Cons

Low pay, awful hours for newbies, hard to get full time, and depending on your job, poor treatment of workers.

Advice to Management

Remember those who work at Disney are human beings, not cattle.

Other Employee Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

1. "An amazing journey so far"

Current Contractor - Quick Service Food and Beverage Cashier in Orlando, FL
    Current Contractor - Quick Service Food and Beverage Cashier in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

You get to interact with guests and work with people from across the country and the world. What could be better than that? Once you see a smile light up on the face of a child you will be hooked with working here, especially after seeing the perks.

Cons

I wish I were paid more for my hourly position. Disney has a point based record card, so you get penalized for being late several times and etc. It's a very demanding and sometimes stressful job, especially around the holidays. The job becomes your life if you're not able to balance work and social life, which is really difficult working at Disney.

Advice to Management

I wish more management positions treated hourly cast members more fairly, especially when entering the parks as guests. While working in the parks I have been treated sour by different management, executive, and other corporate cast members as they were in the parks as guests with family. It makes the job difficult when higher salaried coworkers look down on the people that do the actual interaction with guests.

2. "DCP Intern: Recreation"

Former Intern - Recreation in Kissimmee, FL
    Former Intern - Recreation in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Highly respected company that holds it core values for customer service at the highest standard.
    -Enjoyable work environment
    -Great Coworkers and Manager
    -Great experience and learning environment

Cons

- Low pay however as an intern that was expected

Advice to Management

I would recommend that managers to share their experience with the interns so that they could have an idea of what to do in the future.