Disney Studios - The Walt Disney Studios is and innovative and creative place to grow a career in the Entertainment Industry | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Disney Studios

"The Walt Disney Studios is and innovative and creative place to grow a career in the Entertainment Industry"

Current Employee - Technology Executive in Burbank, CA
Current Employee - Technology Executive in Burbank, CA

Pros

It is a positive work environment that fosters creativity, innovative use of technologies, and has a strong leadership team. It also creates very positive family oriented entertainment products.

Cons

This isn't really a downside... simply a comment... The Walt Disney Studios, and most of the businesses across Disney expect a lot from their staff members... the hours are long, expectations for performance are high, and the tolarance for mediocracy is low.

Advice to Management

Keep-up the good work... within the industry I think Disney's leadership has position the company to be at the "top of their game."

Other Employee Reviews for Disney Studios

1. "Good if you want to earn an easy paycheck or add to your resume."

Former Employee - Coordinator in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Burbank, CA

Pros

The employee benefits and because it looks good on your resume. If you are a parent, this job is very flexible when it comes to balancing work and family life plus you can take your kids to Disneyland free all you want. If you are an average performer just looking for a regular paycheck and not too much hassle, this is a good place to be.

Cons

Being a hard and dependable worker is not good if you want to move up in the company. Anyone who actually does decent work end up being stuck in their same job because the bosses have grown use to that person making up for the weaknesses of the other staff. Sure it can get you a good bit of a raise compared to your co-workers, but it also means it's more difficult to move up. I worked for Disney for five years and every time I asked for a promotion, I just got the run around while my peers were promoted around me. I moved to another studio in the same job and suddenly found myself being promoted right away three months after I was hired.

Advice to Management

If you have a star performer then reward them accordingly. Your actions speak louder than words. If you tell someone they are valued but don't give them the opportunity for career advancement then you risk losing them to a competitor who will.

"Do not work for security"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Burbank, CA

Pros

able to receive passes to enter Disneyland, stock options are available for any level of employment. able to review new movies, ............................... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Cons

Difficult to crossover to a new department, management does not keep their word upon highering, you are working for a Mickey Mouse out fit, Standard operating procedures are not set . . . ......... . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Advice to Management

Before highering personnel for a new position, the position should have guidelines to follow. Not make them up as you go