Disney Studios - Creative, Hard working environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Disney Studios

"Creative, Hard working environment"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Burbank, CA
Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Burbank, CA

I worked at Disney Studios full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent image to employees from benefits for family and hard-work, inspiring to be part of a creative team, Cohesiveness, team-building a must, benefits, theme park access. Always great to hear reactions from people who know you work for Disney.Great proximity to valley and westside.

Cons

Turnover, senior management changes, direction of video business, vs. theatrical. Current management and acquisitions of Marvel and LucasFilm create new opportunities, but some may lose jobs.

Advice to Management

More benefits to employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Disney Studios

1. "A great chance to work with an entertainment giant and see the issues relating to a multi-jurisdictional company"

Former Intern - Tax Intern in Glendale, CA
    Former Intern - Tax Intern in Glendale, CA

I worked at Disney Studios as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for a large company allows employees to receive benefits that they would not in a smaller company. There is funding for training, mentoring, and development that a smaller company may not have.

Cons

Working at a large company it is easy to get lost in the crowd. If there are any changes that an employee sees should be made it is hard to get the ball rolling on those changes.

2. "Digital Background Painter, Apprentice"

Current Contractor - Apprentice Digital Painter in Burbank, CA
    Current Contractor - Apprentice Digital Painter in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Disney Studios as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I was extremely lucky to work with some of the funniest, talented and generally most interesting people I've ever met in this industry.
    This was the first job that I absolutely fell in love with, something I did not feel was possible, where hours of the day just melted away leaving me with more creative energy than when I started. The work was both enthralling and exciting. This job was the reason why I love animation and am so drawn towards working in the industry again.

Cons

Not feeling fast enough with my work and not being able to work on more shows.

Advice to Management

Continue to create more artistic opportunities and continue working with great writers and storyboard artists and let them soar at what they do best.