Disney Studios - Good if you want to earn an easy paycheck or add to your resume. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Disney Studios

"Good if you want to earn an easy paycheck or add to your resume."

Former Employee - Coordinator in Burbank, CA
Former Employee - Coordinator in Burbank, CA

Pros

The employee benefits and because it looks good on your resume. If you are a parent, this job is very flexible when it comes to balancing work and family life plus you can take your kids to Disneyland free all you want. If you are an average performer just looking for a regular paycheck and not too much hassle, this is a good place to be.

Cons

Being a hard and dependable worker is not good if you want to move up in the company. Anyone who actually does decent work end up being stuck in their same job because the bosses have grown use to that person making up for the weaknesses of the other staff. Sure it can get you a good bit of a raise compared to your co-workers, but it also means it's more difficult to move up. I worked for Disney for five years and every time I asked for a promotion, I just got the run around while my peers were promoted around me. I moved to another studio in the same job and suddenly found myself being promoted right away three months after I was hired.

Advice to Management

If you have a star performer then reward them accordingly. Your actions speak louder than words. If you tell someone they are valued but don't give them the opportunity for career advancement then you risk losing them to a competitor who will.

Other Employee Reviews for Disney Studios

"Do not work for security"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Burbank, CA

Pros

able to receive passes to enter Disneyland, stock options are available for any level of employment. able to review new movies, ............................... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Cons

Difficult to crossover to a new department, management does not keep their word upon highering, you are working for a Mickey Mouse out fit, Standard operating procedures are not set . . . ......... . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Advice to Management

Before highering personnel for a new position, the position should have guidelines to follow. Not make them up as you go

2. "Customer Service"

Pros

Fun company to work for, lots of perks like movie screenings and staff discounts. The people I worked with were fantastic, we worked hard but also took time out to laugh and have fun which is so important for staff morale. Career opportunities are there if you want them.

Cons

Lots of overtime at a low level in the organisation in order to meet deadlines.

Advice to Management

I hope management is looking at workplace flexibility for team members particularly with children, and not just for upper management levels.