Disney Studios - Good if you want to earn an easy paycheck or add to your resume. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Disney Studios

"Good if you want to earn an easy paycheck or add to your resume."

Former Employee - Coordinator in Burbank, CA
Former Employee - Coordinator in Burbank, CA

Pros

The employee benefits and because it looks good on your resume. If you are a parent, this job is very flexible when it comes to balancing work and family life plus you can take your kids to Disneyland free all you want. If you are an average performer just looking for a regular paycheck and not too much hassle, this is a good place to be.

Cons

Being a hard and dependable worker is not good if you want to move up in the company. Anyone who actually does decent work end up being stuck in their same job because the bosses have grown use to that person making up for the weaknesses of the other staff. Sure it can get you a good bit of a raise compared to your co-workers, but it also means it's more difficult to move up. I worked for Disney for five years and every time I asked for a promotion, I just got the run around while my peers were promoted around me. I moved to another studio in the same job and suddenly found myself being promoted right away three months after I was hired.

Advice to Management

If you have a star performer then reward them accordingly. Your actions speak louder than words. If you tell someone they are valued but don't give them the opportunity for career advancement then you risk losing them to a competitor who will.

Other Employee Reviews for Disney Studios

"Do not work for security"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Burbank, CA

Pros

able to receive passes to enter Disneyland, stock options are available for any level of employment. able to review new movies, ............................... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Cons

Difficult to crossover to a new department, management does not keep their word upon highering, you are working for a Mickey Mouse out fit, Standard operating procedures are not set . . . ......... . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Advice to Management

Before highering personnel for a new position, the position should have guidelines to follow. Not make them up as you go

2. "Marketing Director"

I have been working at Disney Studios full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exciting product, leadership at top Studio level are forward thinking and making smart business decisions to position the company as an industry leader. Interesting product to work on. Good group of colleagues.

Cons

Tends to be on the cheap side in terms of salaries. Also seems to be a lack of concern for employee morale. Some of the people in charge should not be.

Advice to Management

Senior leadership needs to hold those at VP level more accountable for their actions and how they treat their staff.