DocuSign - Another year, another review! | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Featured Review

"Another year, another review!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Let's see, it's been a bit over two years for me. A lot has changed in that time, and I'd easily say most of it for the better.

The company continues to grow, but the neck-breaking pace of my first 1-2 years has slowed. It feels more sustainable (we're definitely still growing) and that the focus is on maturity.

We have a new CEO that seems to know what he's doing, or at least what he wants to do. He's been very consistent, very open, and prioritizes communication and answers the hard questions.

The goals for the company are well outlined and the future is in sight. There are still more changes to be made for all the orgs within the company to align, but those changes are well on their way and so far they seem well thought out and appropriate.

There continues to be an abundance of opportunity to serve in our local communities through IMPACT events. And while the internal socializing (happy hour) has been cut back, when we do have them, they seem to be higher quality and worth while.

Personally, I've been given a lot of opportunity to grow and succeed here. I am proud of what we do as a company, and blessed to be apart of it with. I look forward to many more years of learning, being challenged, and ultimately, growing.

Cons

With our IPO around the corner, you feel the belt tightening. More scrutiny for travel and money expenditure in general, but I'd say it's both a good thing and to be expected.

Our benefits are slowly, but surely, expanding with the most recent being 6 months of leave for a new child, which is incredible. But, this is the con section, so I'll say that I hope our benefits in the area of 401k matching materialize after our IPO.

There's still some inter-org struggles in terms of communication and usage of resources, but the silver lining is that our leadership is aware and directly working on it now. I feel it will be addressed by the end of this year and we'll be able to move forward better united.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the hard conversations and the hard decisions as we move into the next phase of the company.

The consistent CEO/executive communication has been awesome, so please keep doing that as well.

Don't be afraid to share bad news - I would hope and expect us to rally together regardless and overcome.

Sep 27, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

You win hands down for most detailed, thoughtful review. THANK YOU. Drop the mic.

Other Employee Reviews for DocuSign

1. "Intern - Hourly"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at DocuSign as an intern

Pros

Great team and great office.

Cons

Lack of organization and structure.

Advice to Management

More guidance for interns.

Nov 6, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you.

"A vision that yields happy customers and employees"

Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In my role, I interview a lot of people who often ask the question, "What makes DocuSign culture special?" Short answer: the product and the people.

Long story: The problem that DocuSign resolves is one that everyone from a grandparent to the CEO of a large company understands, so whether you're talking to a customer who recently implemented the product or a person you've just met explaining what you do for a living, the response to DocuSign is a responding, "Wow! I love your company and the product!" Working for an organization that yields that emotional response is very validating. Our mission and our product change business culture, improve efficiencies, and truly make people's lives simpler and easier. Everyone can appreciate that, and I think that feeling extends into the second thing that makes DocuSign's culture special, the people.

The people who work at DocuSign are smart, driven, and well-rounded. If you're looking for a place where you feel like a small fish in a big pond, surrounded by talent that will elevate your game, this is the spot. There are very few gaps in organizational effectiveness, and it's fun to interact with departments and orgs within the company, knowing that you're working with a truly best-in-class group. But, the company is in no way done growing and evolving, so there are certainly problems that can be resolved and areas where smart people can make a meaningful impact.

Cons

With so many interdependent departments and processes, evolving some of the areas of inefficiency can be arduous. Mature markets, such as NA, may consider engaging with consultancies to solve some of the bigger organizational challenges.

Oct 9, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

It is fun to work at a company whose product touches everybody. And I agree the people do make you up your game which is good. I asked Dan the same question re processes in his Town Hall with our... More