DocuSign - Another year, another review! | Glassdoor

Featured Review

"Another year, another review!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Let's see, it's been a bit over two years for me. A lot has changed in that time, and I'd easily say most of it for the better.

The company continues to grow, but the neck-breaking pace of my first 1-2 years has slowed. It feels more sustainable (we're definitely still growing) and that the focus is on maturity.

We have a new CEO that seems to know what he's doing, or at least what he wants to do. He's been very consistent, very open, and prioritizes communication and answers the hard questions.

The goals for the company are well outlined and the future is in sight. There are still more changes to be made for all the orgs within the company to align, but those changes are well on their way and so far they seem well thought out and appropriate.

There continues to be an abundance of opportunity to serve in our local communities through IMPACT events. And while the internal socializing (happy hour) has been cut back, when we do have them, they seem to be higher quality and worth while.

Personally, I've been given a lot of opportunity to grow and succeed here. I am proud of what we do as a company, and blessed to be apart of it with. I look forward to many more years of learning, being challenged, and ultimately, growing.

Cons

With our IPO around the corner, you feel the belt tightening. More scrutiny for travel and money expenditure in general, but I'd say it's both a good thing and to be expected.

Our benefits are slowly, but surely, expanding with the most recent being 6 months of leave for a new child, which is incredible. But, this is the con section, so I'll say that I hope our benefits in the area of 401k matching materialize after our IPO.

There's still some inter-org struggles in terms of communication and usage of resources, but the silver lining is that our leadership is aware and directly working on it now. I feel it will be addressed by the end of this year and we'll be able to move forward better united.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the hard conversations and the hard decisions as we move into the next phase of the company.

The consistent CEO/executive communication has been awesome, so please keep doing that as well.

Don't be afraid to share bad news - I would hope and expect us to rally together regardless and overcome.

Sep 27, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

You win hands down for most detailed, thoughtful review. THANK YOU. Drop the mic.

Other Employee Reviews for DocuSign

"Not worth the hype"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DocuSign has still good market share for eSignature services and established, secure platform.
    Product vision is strong to avoid the risk of becoming a commodity.

Cons

Constant management changes impacted Company culture in a negative way and people live in uncertainty. Reorgs are happening frequently with no clear long term strategy, and HR is unable to establish any kind of leadership.
    Allowing hiring people in senior positions with no interview process (all with same background as CEO/CMO) is unethical and frustrates other employees.
    Competition is getting better and better on core eSignature business, while internally there's a lot of doubts about ability to execute on product roadmap.
    Pay/benefits package not competitive with Bay Area market.

Advice to Management

Communicate better (not only more) and more transparently about decisions affecting your team members.
    Invest in people development and stop hiring senior positions only from external sources (or alumni of same Company).
    Upgrade pay/benefits package to get up to par with other Companies in same sector/area.

Oct 24, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts . You bring up a lot of points. Let's address a couple. Our CEO, Dan, has brought in a couple of executives who he has worked with in the past. This is fairly... More

2. "Customer Support Representative -Tier 2"

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The colleagues are the best. We get along well and there is a real team mentality in the Customer Support area.

Cons

I work a late shift.

Advice to Management

Keep the support up for those who want to progress in their career

Oct 13, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Great to hear you like working with the CS team. Keep up the great work!