DocuSign - Near perfect, but improvements needed | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Near perfect, but improvements needed"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture, people, and future of this company are certainly reasons to join. I love my job and I love coming into the office each day. It’s a great environment to learn and grow. I would recommend working here to anybody, it’s a great opportunity to have fun and also develop skills.

Cons

Compensation and benefits aren’t competitive. Account executives do not get paid what they should and there’s been talent that’s left the company due to that very reason. If docusign wants to keep hiring quality talent and retain the talent it already has, they need to fix compensation. Base salaries are very low compared to other companies within the industry, and there’s no 401k matching. This needs to get fixed ASAP.

Advice to Management

Everything is great besides compensation. Compensation is laughable for AEs. If that gets fixed, it’s literally the perfect place to work.

Jun 1, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Glad to hear you are enjoying your work and see it as a great opportunity. As far as comp, I'd encourage you to speak to Olga Kibler to better understand the... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Great company as long as you are not in support."

Current Employee - Tier II Support in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Tier II Support in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Steady paycheck
    Looks good on a resume

Cons

Very low salary (50K starting in Seattle) for what they expect you to do at "entree level" Troubleshooting API calls, Integrations, etc

This is a customer support call center

Advice to Management

If you expect your support team to create and troubleshoot API calls, Custom Salesforce buttons, train your customers on production, pay appropriate wages.

Jun 1, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'd suggest you reach out to Olga Kibler and share your ideas.

2. "Sales Development Good Now, Concerned for later"

Current Employee - Market Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Market Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dan Springer CEO is great, super charismatic, and seems to be pushing company in great direction

Vibrant Workplace/Culture

Cons

New Product Direction lacks functionality - concerned about product outlook

Leadership is becoming more hawkish on sales development teams - limiting their ability to hit numbers

Beginning to feel big/IPO - transitioning focus away from employees to bottom line, stock holders, etc - not optimistic about the old pace of promotions

Advice to Management

Better Benefits, Less rigid requirements to let top performers move into roles they qualify for, more attention to front line sales teams

Jun 1, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Discover more reviews about DocuSign.