Dogtopia - You get what you put in | Glassdoor
  1. "You get what you put in"

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Dogtopia full-time

Pros

Advancement, help, knowledge. The more you work and not slack the more you get out of the job and the management

Cons

Stressful at times, co-workers not coming in or leaving without notice.

Dogtopia2019-07-17

"An amazing place to work and grow with the company"

Former Employee - Customer Care in Manassas, VA

I worked at Dogtopia full-time for more than a year

Pros

My experience at Dogtopia of Manassas was absolutely incredible! I worked here for almost two years and wish I could have stayed longer. Management offers a lot of room to grow with the company and all the resources you need to become knowledgeable on not only the company itself but everything about dogs health, safety, etc. The owners are wonderful and truly care about every single dog, staff member, and customer. They consistently go above and beyond to accommodate anyone that they can and always strive to ensure the customer's happiness along with the pup's safety. One of the biggest perk's of working here is being able to bring your own dog with you to play in the playrooms through out the day. My dog absolutely loved this and I never once worried about her safety or health while she was in the playroom. All of the Canine Coaches are very well trained and knowledgeable on dog behavior, and give the pups so much love all through out the day. Working here, I looked forward to coming to work every single day; I would seriously get so excited to come to my JOB!! You don't find that many places, but Dogtopia will surely be one of them. Overall, this is an amazing place to work and I would recommend to anyone! I speak so highly of Dogtopia because I have seen first hand the incredible experiences and opportunities that this company brings you. This will forever be my favorite place I have ever worked!

Cons

The only negative thing I have experienced here is when the facility reaches capacity and we have to turn dogs away (for the dogs safety). But that says enough about the facility itself :) Overall, nothing negative to say about this place - I still bring my dog here because she loves it so much, and I'll continue to do so :)

Dogtopia2019-05-21

"Playroom"

Former Employee - Playroom Attendant

I worked at Dogtopia full-time for less than a year

Pros

Get to hang around dogs

Cons

Not at all worth it. Management does not have formal training. They consistently allowed dogs that were not safe because they valued the money over safety. Employees got badly bit, dogs got badly bit and they did nothing every time. Many employees noticed a lot of pay discrepancies, them trying to illegally cut pay, I was lucky enough to notice it and stand up for myself every time it happened "by accident" they always said (it happened over a dozen times to EVERY employee, that's not an accident), but a lot never noticed until it was pointed out so who knows how much money was stolen. It stopped for me and a few others after threatening legal options. I finally quit after realizing I had much better options at my disposal but others weren't as lucky and felt stuck because of the owner's gaslighting. My advice is you can find a better job where they pay more for less,, $11 an hour (for most people only $9) to be bored out of my mind, constantly break up fights and the potential to get bit and need stitches or surgery like MULTIPLE other coworkers had to have

Continue reading
    Dogtopia2020-04-03

Discover more reviews about Dogtopia.