Dolce Hotels and Resorts - Former busboy | Glassdoor

"Former busboy"

Pros

Good place to work. Good people.

Cons

Can't really think of any.

Other Employee Reviews for Dolce Hotels and Resorts

"Great potential"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

Pros

-Competitive Salary
    -Matching 401k
    -Decent benefits package

Cons

-Lazy upper management
    -No communication between departments
    -You end up doing and redoing your job about 10 times because of incompetence

Advice to Management

The sales process goes very well and Dolce has a good handle on what makes a successful sale. After that there is NO follow up. Dolce has the worst food and beverage department I've seen in my 15 years in this business. Directors have no knowledge or INTEREST in providing good hospitality and service. Clients are constantly complaining. It is a wonder people still return. Dolce corporate does NOTHING to remove the incompetent directors. Not a place I'd recommend unless you enjoy looking like a car salesman to potential clients.

2. "Employee Driven"

Current Employee - Banquet Server in Midland, MI
    Current Employee - Banquet Server in Midland, MI

I have been working at Dolce Hotels and Resorts part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They offer so many employee benefit programs, you can tell they truly care for their employees. from PTO opportunities for even part-timers, to an employee break room buffet, and even department gatherings. It feels like a second family between us employees. The managers are insightful and really understanding.

Cons

At my location they've hired some young management with minimal background. It is unsettling to take orders from someone who is your age and been in the field far less than you. Younger managers seem to get power hungry and micromanage. The older managers attempt to keep them in line though.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, we're the ones that do this on a day to day basis and hear customer suggestions/ complaints.